Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

IMAP Filtering

Last post 11-28-2007, 9:48 by andy_p. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-03-2007, 17:47

Re: IMAP Filtering

tomt:

I agree it's easy to move mail to other accounts, but it would be nice to be able to move mail to a users IMAP account folder.

But as stated by David right off the bat not something that that you'll see happen any time soon since it requires some method to control.  Even for others to do this there needs to be some sort of hooks and latches in the program.

Thomas R. Stephenson
    San Jose, California
    Member of Pegasus Mail Support Team

I do not answer private messages from the forum. If you want to contact me use email to techsupp@tstephenson.com.
  •  08-08-2007, 0:39

• tomt is not online. Last active: 11-29-2012, 9:54 tomt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2007
    • UK
    • Contributor
    • Points 3,650

OK.. I give in :)

www.medionsupport.com
  •  09-01-2007, 16:42

• Rainer is not online. Last active: 06-09-2016, 11:59 Rainer
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2007
    • Points 305

I am not sure I do understand you right but if I do you could back up my request for analog spam level markers (http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/4131.aspx) and use rules like

If expression headers matches "X-SPAM-Level: [ * ][ * ][ * ][ * ][ * ][ * ]*" Move "SPAM"

(remove the spaces in all [ * ])

Rainer

P.S. There is a [ c o d e ]something[ / c o d e ] button missing in here! The above rule posted as plain text reads like this:

If expression headers matches "X-SPAM-Level:

• " Move "SPAM"

•  09-01-2007, 18:23

• tomt is not online. Last active: 11-29-2012, 9:54 tomt
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2007
    • UK
    • Contributor
    • Points 3,650

I was looking at moving to a users IMAP Account but being able to select which sub folder..

So - If expression headers matches "X-SPAM-Level:  Move to UsersMailBox/ IMAP SubFolder3

This is the one thing I really miss in Mercury Sad

www.medionsupport.com
  •  11-28-2007, 9:48

• andy_p is not online. Last active: 01-02-2008, 16:14 andy_p
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-28-2007
    • Points 10

I'm trying to do this as well - I use popfile to classify mails into 5 separate categories, so I really want to use 5 folders inside a single user account.

Do you think a scheme like this work?

1) create a 'policy' that will run a program when mail arrives, like an antivirus scanner. This program must launch another process, then return control to mercury so it can finish delivering the mail

2) the process scans the mail headers to work out which user received mail. (optional, with only a few mailboxes you could just do them all)

3) the process waits a minute or two until mercury has finished delivering mail to the user's inbox

4) the process launches one of the perl scripts mentioned earlier, which then use IMAP to connect to the user's inbox and move any new mails it finds to the right folders.

Is there any way to make it more deterministic, i.e. remove the delay? For example, could a mercury daemon launch the perl script after the mail is delivered?

Page 2 of 2 (20 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page