Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

How Pmail 5 will handle attachments?

Last post 05-12-2014, 10:39 by FJR. 22 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (23 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-20-2014, 23:56

• aquila is not online. Last active: 12-26-2014, 6:27 aquila
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2013
    • Points 1,090

Re: AW: Re: How Pmail 5 will handle attachments?

peggy:

Hi aquola, Smile

I am sending the mails not directly. I use the queue. Then I copy the necessary message (s) before sending in the relevant Pegasus mail folder and after that I send the message. So I have the complete mail with all attachments in the Pmail mail folders as a completely copy without that I have to send the Mail as a BBC to my self.

I understand you, but at the moment this is th only way so safe completely mails with all attachments without sending the mail (s) to my self.

Peggy Wilted Flower

Thank you Peggy,

if I understand you correctly basically you're manually copying your emails before sending them. It's an option for sure and thanks for sharing.

Just wish there would be a flawless way to do it. When software requires users' workarounds or extra steps then there's a flaw.

I know is not easy for David, with funding stuff and everything, I just hope there might be a chance to see this option in the (near) future.

•  04-21-2014, 0:06

• peggy is not online. Last active: 11. Mar 2017, 12:55 peggy
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2008
    • Contributor
    • Points 3,300

AW: How Pmail 5 will handle attachments?

Hi aquola, Smile

I click when the mail is ready to send (with the needed attachments) the message send button, then I open the queue and in the queue window I mark the message and then I click copy in  the queue window  ......

Peggy Wilted Flower

Du brauchst nicht unbedingt den Rat anderer befolgen, damit du dich gut fühlst. Oft genügt es schon um Rat zu fragen.....
    ~~~
    You do not necessarily follow the advice of others, to make you feel good. Often it is enough to ask for advice .....
  •  04-21-2014, 9:57

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2013
    • Points 1,090

Re: AW: How Pmail 5 will handle attachments?

Thank you Peggy.
  •  05-05-2014, 10:25

• FJR is not online. Last active: 2019-06-19, 15:09 FJR
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-10-2007
    • Dortmund / Germany
    • Star
    • Points 7,565

Re: How Pmail 5 will handle attachments?

aquila:
    Would Pmail creates a link to the local file would already be something, rather what I see is just a plain text such as: "D:\Works\Production\Client\ClientIn\Reference\Images\Sky.jpg", not even mentioning serve paths where folder structure can be even worst than that.

Seems a good idea to me ... and is that simple. Just tested in a plain text mail:

• file:\\G:\W32APPS\INTERNET\PEGASUS47\FILETYPE.PM
    • file:\\G:\W32APPS\INTERNET\PEGASUS47

First one opens the file in editor, second one opens Windows Explorer with that directory in focus. Perhaps both could be added - the link on directory may help to have a look, if there are different versions of that file. First example seems to be very easy with minimal load on programing. simply add "file:\\" to the path.

bye   Olaf

•  05-05-2014, 17:12

• irelam is online. Last active: 10-19-2019, 17:06 irelam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-23-2007
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • SuperStar
    • Points 21,095
    • BetaTeam Moderator

Slightly off-topic. The two examples above using the file:// protocol actually need three slashes before the file address, ie:

file:///g:\w32apps\internet\pegasus47  The third slash marks where the host name would go. See RFC 1738 section 3.10 The default host name is LOCALHOST, so the example fully expanded would be: file://localhost/g:\w32apps\internet\pegasus47

The various browsers handle this differently, some tolerate the missing slash, others fail silently.

Martin 

•  05-06-2014, 12:00

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-10-2007
    • Dortmund / Germany
    • Star
    • Points 7,565

Hallo Martin,

irelam:
    The two examples above using the file:// protocol actually need three slashes before the file address

Sorry - my fault and Pegasus is that amazing fault tolerant Smile - backslashes should not be there too - right?

file:///g:/w32apps/internet/pegasus47

bye    Olaf

•  05-08-2014, 2:54

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2013
    • Points 1,090

FJR:

aquila:
    Would Pmail creates a link to the local file would already be something, rather what I see is just a plain text such as: "D:\Works\Production\Client\ClientIn\Reference\Images\Sky.jpg", not even mentioning serve paths where folder structure can be even worst than that.

Seems a good idea to me ... and is that simple. Just tested in a plain text mail:

• file:\\G:\W32APPS\INTERNET\PEGASUS47\FILETYPE.PM
    • file:\\G:\W32APPS\INTERNET\PEGASUS47

First one opens the file in editor, second one opens Windows Explorer with that directory in focus. Perhaps both could be added - the link on directory may help to have a look, if there are different versions of that file. First example seems to be very easy with minimal load on programing. simply add "file:\\" to the path.

bye   Olaf

Hey Olaf,

so you're basically saying adding a link to the path could be doable? That would be helpful already...

Thanks for pointing that out.

•  05-12-2014, 10:39

• Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-10-2007
    • Dortmund / Germany
    • Star
    • Points 7,565

aquila:
    so you're basically saying adding a link to the path could be doable? That would be helpful already...

I only said, what must be changed in outgoing copy ...  David will decide, if the hack is easy to do for him ...

bye   Olaf

Page 2 of 2 (23 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page