Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

PMICAL 3.4 available

Last post 10-09-2019, 2:39 by irelam. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-08-2019, 9:29

• Joerg is not online. Last active: 10-02-2019, 11:50 Joerg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-25-2008
    • German Baltic Sea Coast
    • Contributor
    • Points 7,720

AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: PMICAL 3.4 available

Brian, with our Pmail network installation unfortunately we are the minority Tongue Tied, means for the majority of the Pmail single installations the discovery of the user mailbox directory via Registry Key should work.

I've checked some different machines here and found some machines with that RegKey and some without. I remember that sometimes I've firstly made a local installation of Pmail to make "Pmail" available in the Windows list of standard applications for mail (mailto: / sendto:). But in the meantime I only add a link to the server share where wsendto.exe resides within Firefox and additionally within folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\. That's why the availability of a RegKey to the user mailbox directory is not ensured in general.

In general I'm with Brian and would prefer the dropping of work and report files into user's mailbox directory. And for our minority shared network installation, we (Administrators) could manually check/adapt the path to user's mailboxes within pmical.ini subsequently, in case PMICAL neither found a local mailbox directory nor RegKey. But this would lead to only 1 mailbox directory path within the central pmical.ini! We've got up to 20 user mailboxes here. I think it doesn't work.

Further, here with us, we could start Pmail with different local users from each machine, means PMICAL should have to discover the choosen user (from Pmail) when it will be called by an incoming invitation mail. Don't know whether this is practical.

I think it's really the better way to avoid keeping of work and report files. From my point of view this is not really necessary. If I need such a work/report file again, I have simply to open the invitation mail again. And in this case we could still use %temp% for that files and directly delete them after closing the PMICAL window or invitation mail. There would be only one issue remaining (sorry for that Martin): In our great network installation Big Smile we are also able to simultaneously open two Pmail instances, where each of them are connected to another user (means user mailbox). And in the rare case that both inboxes contain invitation mails, PMICAL would create its work files at %temp% for both users simultaneously as well. Maybe this could lead to conflicts.

ps:

Martin, I've received your mail with pmicalhelp.htm. It would be a pleasure for me to check it but at the moment I would wait until the final working directories and connected stuff are settled. Is this ok?

•  08-08-2019, 18:20

• irelam is not online. Last active: 10-19-2019, 17:06 irelam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-23-2007
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • SuperStar
    • Points 21,095
    • BetaTeam Moderator

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: PMICAL 3.4 available

Bill, Joerg and Euler,

I am halting the issue of this latest update and its associated Help file until this file location issue can be put to rest with everybody's agreement. In summary it would seem that for Network users there is a issue as to where the Pmical.ini (and thereby the Pmicaldir= value) is located, and how I can be expected to find it.

Martin

•  10-08-2019, 17:10

• asdf90 is not online. Last active: 10-09-2019, 22:36 asdf90
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-04-2011
    • Points 45

Re: AW: PMICAL 3.4 available

Martin,

thanks for your reply. Pmical still asks me about my Email Address. Is there a special place where you have to place the line MyEmailAddress=xx@yy.com? Are there quotes "" necessary?

Moreover, in the messages I get the attachement has no name ("-" when I save it). Therefore, Pmical does nothing by its own. I have to save the file with a suitable name and drop it on Pmical. Any solution for that?

Best regards

Edmund

•  10-08-2019, 21:06

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-23-2007
    • SuperStar
    • Points 21,095
    • BetaTeam Moderator

Hello,

My Pmical.ini contains the line with no quotes:

myemailaddress=irelam17@telus.net

Second point, if you are looking at the attachments dialog display, and see the file being sent to you is showing a period "."  There is nothing that can be done. You will need to save the file with a name like temporary.ics. But I wonder if you have installed the NewMail filters for Pmical ?  The condition you are reporting is where the only way to process the as-is is to read the whole message  file, looking for BEGIN:VCALENDAR

Pmical does this automatically if you install the NewMail filtering ruleset.

Martin

•  10-08-2019, 23:03

• asdf90 is not online. Last active: 10-09-2019, 22:36 asdf90
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-04-2011
    • Points 45

Dear Martin,

great!.

I found the filter rules in http://community.pmail.com/forums/thread/51079.aspx.

It takes some time to put them in, but it seems to work. At least a message that I forwarded to myself opened pmical and showed me the date.

Thanks

Edmund

•  10-09-2019, 2:39

• Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-23-2007
    • SuperStar
    • Points 21,095
    • BetaTeam Moderator

Glad to hear things are getting better. Don't hesitate to ask me questions., or make comments etc  FYI there is a new update in beta test right now, so watch for the news on the update, that I put on Community Downloads page

Martin

Page 2 of 2 (21 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page