Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

New extension available for creating and sending crash dumps

Last post 03-21-2009, 14:22 by idw. 32 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (33 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-19-2009, 1:34

Re: New extension available for creating and sending crash dumps

Hi Michael,

I have installed your MiniDump Extension some time ago and it did a great job catching those silent crashes which I have reported to the forum (crashes related to html messages).

1. Now that I know why PM is crashing - and it basically only crashed for those described reasons - I would like to deactivate the MiniDump again avoiding the creation of a dump file every time it crashes. Any simple way to do so?
    2. I would also like to suggest that it is 'made visible' and may be activated and deactivated somewhere in a menu under the extension section.
    Many thanks
    Thomas

•  01-19-2009, 14:22

• idw is not online. Last active: Sat, Dec 14 2019, 10:08 idw
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-25-2007
    • Germany
    • SuperStar
    • Points 47,960
    • BetaTeam

tmstein:

Hi Michael,

I have installed your MiniDump Extension some time ago and it did a great job catching those silent crashes which I have reported to the forum (crashes related to html messages).

1. Now that I know why PM is crashing - and it basically only crashed for those described reasons - I would like to deactivate the MiniDump again avoiding the creation of a dump file every time it crashes. Any simple way to do so?
    2. I would also like to suggest that it is 'made visible' and may be activated and deactivated somewhere in a menu under the extension section.

Many thanks
    Thomas

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll see what I can do, it's actually not as easy as you might think (not impossible for me, though, especially if you know about the capabilities of my PGP extension).

If you installed the extension using the installer you can simply use either the uninstall entry from the respective start menu group ("Pegasus Mail Crash Dump Extension" if you didn't change the default) or the "Software" menu entry from the Windows control panel which enables you to uninstall allmost all software from Windows machines.

Michael

--
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
    S/MIME Certificate Fingerprint: 94 c6 b4 71 0c 62 30 88 a5 b2 77 01 74 2b 86 66 3b 7e 65 7c
  •  03-21-2009, 14:22

• idw is not online. Last active: Sat, Dec 14 2019, 10:08 idw
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-25-2007
    • Germany
    • SuperStar
    • Points 47,960
    • BetaTeam

idw:
    tmstein:

Hi Michael,

Many thanks
    Thomas

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll see what I can do, it's actually not as easy as you might think (not impossible for me, though, especially if you know about the capabilities of my PGP extension).

If you installed the extension using the installer you can simply use either the uninstall entry from the respective start menu group ("Pegasus Mail Crash Dump Extension" if you didn't change the default) or the "Software" menu entry from the Windows control panel which enables you to uninstall allmost all software from Windows machines.

Sorry, I never updated my reply: The latest version now creates another Start menu entry which allows you to enable and disable the extension without uninstalling. I've also included a complete French translation (useful only once a French version of the Pegasus Mail beta is available) and a workaround for the Window menu issue. Download from the add-ons section, as usual.

Michael

--
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
    S/MIME Certificate Fingerprint: 94 c6 b4 71 0c 62 30 88 a5 b2 77 01 74 2b 86 66 3b 7e 65 7c
Page 3 of 3 (33 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page