Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Public image

Last post 08-26-2019, 13:58 by Pmail Ninja. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-12-2019, 18:01

Public image

I have been an enthusiastic user of PMAIL for 20 years or so, and I hope it will continue.  It is disappointing to log into this support site and find that on the Home page, the latest version of PMAIL is shown as 4.70 - several years out of date, and the download links seem to connect to a page where the latest version is 4.63 added in January 2012.

I know that resources are scarce, but surely it would not take long for a few lines of text and links to be updated so that it looks (as I hope it is) like the program is up to date and still undergoing development.

I know that there is information on this elsewhere, such as the official Pegasus website, and that David is close to release of an update, but this needs to be evident on THIS website.  As old users gradually fade away, new users who investigate Pegasus by a visit to the support website need to be reassured that it is still a viable program and worth having a look at.

regards,

Philip Jones

•  08-12-2019, 23:12

Re: Public image

I know we all are anxious for the v5 arrival, but I think you landed someplace else.Wink IOW, www.pmail.com is the place to go after it.

Best,
    Euler

euler f german
    sete lagoas, mg, brazil
    Pegasus Mail 4.73.639 - Windows 7 Ultimate
    BearHTML 4.9.9.6 IERenderer 2.6.1.0
    Operating mode: Standalone
    WINPMAIL.EXE directory: c:\pmail\programs
    Home mailbox location: c:\pmail\mail\german
  •  08-13-2019, 11:41

My post was placed on the Pegasus and Mercury forum home page, under the section 'About this site' under the heading 'Site Feedback'.  That seemed a very appropiate place to gove feedback about this site. That said, much the same comments apply to many pages of the Pegasus/Mercury website.

So, where I put my comment is somewhat irrelevant.  I am simply making the point that a modicum of site maintenance might stimulate interest in Pegasus, whereas the current out of date offering will more likely lead people to assume that the program died a few years ago.  If I were a newcomer looking for a program such as Pegasus, what I find here would not encourage me to stay.  Please accept that this is intended as a positive comment, since I want Pegasus to survive.

•  08-22-2019, 7:07

• rproulx is not online. Last active: 08-29-2019, 0:37 rproulx
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-01-2009
    • Points 475

Hi Philip,

I agree with you 100%. If any newby was to come here to learn more they would get the impression that Pegasus Mail is dead and buried.

To add to your observations: Why is this site still using http and not https? Let’s Encrypt certificates are free so it cannot be due to lack of funds. The copyright info at the bottom of the page ends at 2011 which is when I suspect this site was last updated.

Why not put out a request for a volunteer Webmaster who could at least update the most important info or simply delete whatever's no longer relevant?
  •  08-26-2019, 13:58

I agree to 100% too.

These few code snippets to do are no real burden.  

Stefan  aka  PMAIL NINJA

--
    Theresa May: "Brexit means Brexit" 

View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page