Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Backing up by cut and pasting PMM & PMI files / ">" doesn't appear as the prefix in Replies

•  09-10-2008, 0:57

• JohnnyK is not online. Last active: 10 Jun 2018, 10:32 JohnnyK
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-02-2008
    • Points 650

Backing up by cut and pasting PMM & PMI files / ">" doesn't appear as the prefix in Replies

Backing up by cut and pasting PMM & PMI files / No > in replies

Can I reconnect a folder with its underlying PMM & PMI files?

I keep a "monthly" folder of certain email correspondence and for the last couple of years as part of my periodic back up routine, transfer the PMM & PMI file for the month to a different Pmail setup on my backup media, by cutting the PMM/PMI files for the month's folder from the first Pmail system and pasting to the "PMail/Mail/Admin" folder on the backup Pmail system.

A bit laborious, but Its worked like a charm; till now.

Recently, after backing up the last month's folder by this cut and paste routine, the folder name didn't appear in the backup Pmail folder list. I can see the transferred PMM / PMI files sitting in the backup's "PMail/Mail/Admin" folder, but the folder doesn't appear.

Can I edit some "link file" that re-connects the PMM / PMI files with their folder name?

A related query; is there a way to list all folders with their PMM / PMI file names, side by side?

And finally, on a totally different note, when I reply to emails, the " >" doesn't come up at the beginning of each line, notwithstanding that I've checked the "Prefix text included ......." to activate the ">" in the Reply Options.

Any help to solve these queries will be much appreciated.

View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page