Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Re: Proposal for a mail system bundle for schools.

•  02-23-2009, 15:46

Re: Proposal for a mail system bundle for schools.

David Harris:
    ... (for instance, order processing, guarantees of technical support and so forth) are potentially difficult for that reason.

About technical support, it depends how much you dumb down the system. And dumbing down is precisely what is requested by the clients.

For instance, if teachers have to insert the server IP into the accounts by themselves, I expect very few will be able to find that IP, and you will have to provide a lot and very boring support. If the accounts can detect the server by themselves, you don't have to provide support, and you please the client.

Same thing for the Mail folder being allowed in reading and writing to any user on the computer. If teachers have to change those rights by themselves, I expect, an endless series of questions. If the folder is automatically opened to any user, you don't have to provide support, and you please the client.

In short, just as I said you have to lock the system so no teenager can even think of hacking it, you have to lock the system so no teacher can possibly make a mistake.

Now as far as your accountancy is concerned, I am not an expert, but I would venture to say you can automate a lot of it. I suppose Paypal already offers some solutions for that. There are also ebuying cms, and solutions provided by some banks.

View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page