Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Messages not delivered to local user mailboxes

•  08-28-2009, 12:28

• al66 is not online. Last active: 23 May 2018, 18:45 al66
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-28-2009
    • Points 235

Messages not delivered to local user mailboxes

I have, for some time, been running Mercury V4.62 on a single machine, using MercuryD to collect mail from 3 POP servers and deliver it to half a dozen mailboxes, without significant problems.

I have recently added a fourth POP server and the mail from this site is not being delivered correctly. In the setup for MercuryD if I enter a user in the 'Local user' box all mail is correctly delivered to that user. If, however, I leave that blank and enter a user in the 'Default user' box (what I want to do) then all the mail gets delivered there, even when addressed to another valid user. If I leave both boxes empty the mail is deleted, even when addressed to a valid user.

The POP3 Host is the same for all 4 sites and the mailbox definitions are identical (as far as I can see) except of course for the Username and password. The other 3 sites continue to work correctly, It is only the new one that is causing a problem. Everything is on the same machine, the mailboxes are all simple names, 8 characters or less. I am not using Aliases.

Have I missed some obvious setting?

View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page