Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Extra signature images displayed in replies with signatures added upon message creation

•  03-01-2010, 21:51

Extra signature images displayed in replies with signatures added upon message creation

Hello:

I've been asked to create a nice rich-text signature for all email users.  The signature has a couple hyperlinks and the company logo at the bottom.  We initially had some crashes when using the signatures but have fixed them using this conversion tool:

http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry18437.aspx

One problem remains.  When replying to an email that has the signature block, the reply email ends up with an extra instance of the logo image at the top of the quoted text, right after the custom header line of the reply.  Only the recipient of the email gets this; the image does not show up when the sender creates the reply.  It only does it with signatures added to the message with the reply; if the signatures are added after the message is sent they are OK.  I would like to have the option of "top posting" the signature because that is what most people are doing nowadays, and it helps prevent the signature stack-up we see at the bottom of long email threads.  Can anyone confirm this, or tell me of a fix or workaround?  Thanks in advance for your help!

-=Glen

Glen Jackson
    Rubb Building Systems
    Sanford, Maine, USA
    Filed under: , ,
View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page