Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Convoluted Install

•  03-15-2010, 16:56

Convoluted Install

A professor at my university uses Pegasus.  He recently migrated to an iMac.  In a virtualbox WinXP SP3 install I managed to move his thousands of meticulously maintained Pegasus folders, over to a brand new install of the most recent Pegasus (pretty painless once it was determined some emails lived outside the default structure).  I updated POP3 and/or SMTP settings et cetera and it all worked swimmingly for two weeks.  Folders were deleted, mail sent and received, generally working fine.

Now it occasionally advertises a new version, and promptly reverts to the initial install settings from the first succesful transfer.  Conceivably this is related to some old number in the ini? In a possibly related issue we see a lot of IMAP errors when sending mail.  Sometimes fine, sometimes not.

How do I find out why it keeps auto updating itself and stop it?  Manually reinstalling Pegasus latest version doesn't do aught.

I will attempt to observe this behavior first hand!

Filed under: , ,
View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page