Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Checking for Multiple Identities - Problem with POP3 Internet Options in 4.61 - New email account

•  05-06-2011, 11:17

Checking for Multiple Identities - Problem with POP3 Internet Options in 4.61 - New email account

4.61 on Windows 7 Home Premium.

While configuring a new email account, there seemed to be a problem with how the two POP3 Internet Options worked in the "Checking for Multiple Identities" section.

When set to this "identity," I wanted Pegasus to check for any email in this account AND in all other accounts. But, I didn't want this account checked when Pegasus was set to a different "identity."

- I ticked "When checking for mail, check all identities"

- I ticked "Don't check this identity when checking for multiple identities"

Result:

When checking for new mail from this identity, Pegasus 4.61 did not download any mail for this account.

This behaviour seems wrong, and is not what I remember for previous versions and existing email "identities." I had to un-tick one of the boxes so as to retrieve the email for this identity.

View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page