Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Re: Checking for Multiple Identities - Problem with POP3 Internet Options in 4.61 - New email account

•  05-11-2011, 1:21

• Sharkfin is not online. Last active: 10 Jan 2015, 19:14 Sharkfin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-02-2008
    • United Kingdom
    • Contributor
    • Points 4,555

Re: Checking for Multiple Identities - Problem with POP3 Internet Options in 4.61 - New email account

Confirmed that this happens in 4.61. Haven't yet checked it in an earlier version.

With only the standard "Default" identity existing, and both boxes ticked, Pegasus indeed fails to check for new mail at all. However, that behaviour would make sense to me if ticking the "check all identities" box actually puts Peg into a kind of supervisor role in which it first checks which identities it may pull mail for, then checks the accounts remaining on that list. That is to say that if it finds only one identity, and discovers that it is marked as "don't check when in multi-mode" (or several identities that are all marked as such), it is left with no accounts to check mail for.

Things seem to work as advertised when two (or more?) identities are present, as long as at least one has a cleared checkbox for the "don't check" option. That said, the implication from the OP is that they do have multiple identities and are not seeing correct behaviour. Perhaps secondary identities have not yet been created, but testing with the first identity threw this error.

I agree with the OP that there really shouldn't be a way for Peg to skip ALL identities and accounts, but I hope that I've explained [probably] why the behaviour is being seen. I think it's doing what it's supposed to but that it is just non-obvious and bizarre under certain circumstances.

View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page