Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Re: Auto Backup of Hierarchy File

•  06-14-2012, 3:50

Re: Auto Backup of Hierarchy File

Yes, losing the email folder hierarchy structure requires hours and hours of work to re-create.

Without a comprehensive understanding of the pmail file structure, I feared that a dated backup file might confound email archive, with possible loss of individual messages.  So, I have always re-created the file tray hierarchy anew;  creating filing trays and moving folders manually.  Because the incremental manual process takes so long, re-creation is often a work-in-process when the hierarchy structure crashes anew.  So ...   re-creation of lost folder hierarchy becomes a never ending task, to the detriment of pmail utility.

Maybe restoring an old copy of the hierarchy file would be better than my never-ending re-creation of lost structure--or, maybe I have not read the clear directions for a simpler, more effective solution.  Yet, for my present understanding, loss of the hierarchy structure is terrible.  My hope is that v5, when it may arrive, is more robust.

View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page