Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Re: moving messages over from old machine to new when basic installation has changed

•  09-01-2013, 11:41

• inksi is not online. Last active: 09-29-2013, 12:09 inksi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-08-2013
    • Points 150

Re: moving messages over from old machine to new when basic installation has changed

Hi, Brian,

Thanks very much for the notes there. With the help of Dirk Van Den Bogaerde's information I am up and running again. I'll do a step-by-step methodology later covering this issue.

In the meantime I applaud your  choice of words 'flatten' indeed! Even with the hierach.pm transferred the folder/tray structure was 'flattened' (read wiped out). Is there anything else linked with hierarch.pm that might cause this? A few day's back I did have the original structure, but then we were not getting pop3/smtp so that install was removed. I feel that hierarch.pm is not the sum of the story.

I specifically deleted the following from the new installation and copied over the old files.

• CACHE.PM
    • HIERARCH.PM
    • FOLSTATE.PM
    • NEWCACHE.PM

But we have been through this before some years back. around 3500 folders to sort. Now, as then, this is a major operation to unravel that amount of folders and get them in order, drag and drop notwithstanding. So let's look for the silver lining as I find duplicate or similarly-named folders, and make it a better arrangement than it was before - unless there is a magic solution.

regards

Ian

Running under wine it's still the best!
View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page