Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Re: Pegasus and Google Drive

•  03-01-2016, 0:53

Re: Pegasus and Google Drive

Hi !

Here is a workaround since it is for personal use only. Pegasus mail can be made portable so you can install it on a USB stick. I think you have to install it at the root of the usb drive. I am not sure of that particular point but have no doubts that someone here will step in to eventually confirm. That being said, for safety reasons regarding your data and because one should never put all her eggs into the same basket, I suggest you install a synchronization software on all your machines, make the installation folder of Pegasus mail in the USB device the "original" folder and all the folders on your other machines the "synching to" folders. Those will never be touched or modified except by synchronization. This way, each time you plug your USB stick, you can read your email and before taking it out, do a one-way synchronization. I recommande Unison as the synchronization program. It is ugly but reliable once you learn how to use it. Plus, it is free and open source.

I hope this helps.

Cheers ! 

View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page