Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Re: Pconfig.exe in v. 4.72 help please.

•  01-17-2017, 2:52

• Christopher Muñoz is not online. Last active: 2018/12/27, 7:22 Christopher Muñoz
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-20-2008
    • Garfield County, Washington state, U.S.
    • Points 720

Umbrella [um] Re: Pconfig.exe in v. 4.72 help please.

I do realize that forum participants are in search of a stable yet flexible tool-based protocol for migrating PMail installations to hither and yon. 

I've been a user since about 1990.  On several occasions I've wanted / needed to migrate an installation to another location.  Quite some years ago I started just copying the whole tree to the new location, then going through the configuration files and editing the paths from old to new.  

Text files are straightforward; compiled binary files -- PMAIL.CFG, e.g. -- adjust through a hex editor.  Single or multiple users. 

It may not be for everyone, but it really doesn't take that long, either.  I haven't found the OS registry entries to be of any consequence at all.  I have yet to have a problem with this approach.  

- Christopher Muñoz

>> In the past it just was a matter of simply modifiying a couple of configuration files, but nowadays it seems to me quite impossible to do that by hand because of the many pieces of configuration info scattered among several different files and the Windows registry.

View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page