Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

AW: Re: Mercury is sorting mails into wrong user inbox

•  10-18-2018, 16:25

• Joerg is not online. Last active: 07-14-2019, 16:53 Joerg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-25-2008
    • German Baltic Sea Coast
    • Contributor
    • Points 7,415

AW: Re: Mercury is sorting mails into wrong user inbox

I guess I've found the error and in most cases the person in front of the machine is the problem. Tongue Tied

Mercury is starting at our Windows Server 2016 machine as a service. This is to ensure that the mail server is running also in case of a server restart in my absence. When I'm back in the office, I manually stop the service and start the GUI to see the Mercury console at the desktop (for checking purposes, I'm the visual type and must see what happens Big Smile). It seems that the service has either been restarted automatically or I forgot to quit the Mercury service before starting the GUI, so that finally 2 instances are working simultaneously and in rivalry.

For the next release of Mercury I would wish a clear setup procedure where I could choose how the GUI is presented, for example that the service is installed and that the GUI could be started on demand but without starting an additional Mercury process.

View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page