Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Moving Pegasus to a "NEW" Computer

•  12-16-2018, 19:12

• robhic is not online. Last active: 02-05-2019, 19:49 robhic
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-14-2009
    • Points 985

Moving Pegasus to a "NEW" Computer

I feel stupid for having to write this but I just cannot seem to get Pegasus to work on a computer that had the HDD reformatted. I've re-installed on new computers before (using instructions I printed from Thomas Stephenson) but I am unsuccessful. He said "simply copy the c:\pmail\pmail directories and then install Pegasus over that on the new computer." Either something got screwed up by 'Geek Squad' when they did the service on my W7 computer or I am just completely lost. Either way I would like to reinstall Pegasus to the newly reformatted HDD. I have the PMM and PMI files that should be intact but what am I doing wrong?

I downloaded a copy of the latest PMail 4.73 (?) and installed it over the PMAIL directory that exists. If I could just recover my mail address list I'd be happy. Help! If anyone can shed a lot of light on this I would be most appreciative. I am somewhat lost without many of those addresses.  Thanks!

-- Robert
View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page