Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Linux : Wine and pegasus beta

•  05-31-2008, 9:47

• sebas is not online. Last active: 05-18-2011, 22:49 sebas
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-16-2008
    • Points 275

Linux : Wine and pegasus beta

Hi,

I had no luck with Pegasus and Wine (neither version 0.9.59, nor 0.9.61, nor 1.0 RC2)

When I close a window (compose mail, for exemple), pegasus just silently exit.
    When choosing the mailbox path, pegasus doesn't understand correctly and create a new one where it should use an existing one.

I wonder if some of the beta testers had tested the beta version under wine ? Since David had migrated from Borland to Visual C++, the behavior may be totally different, and maybe Wine is accepting better the binaries ?

If none of you from the beta team has linux on board, it will be a pleasure for me to test it here, if it is something possible.
    [my email : sebas_2 (a_t) yahoo (c_om) ]

Wine is in code freeze for bug fix (RC3), I was thinking maybe it would be good to submit a bug report to them for the new Pegasus, if necessary. It would be really nice to see the brand new Pegasus working with the brand new Wine 1.0 :-)

My solutin for now is running Pegasus in a virtual machine (vbox), but it is an heavy solution, I think. I would greatly prefere wine, or maybe use a native mail client, but none of them is as good as Peg !

Best regards,
    Sebas

Filed under: ,
View Complete Thread

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page