Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Pressing Add Attachment button freezes Pegasus

Last post 10-15-2012, 21:14 by tercoide. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-18-2008, 11:56

• KaiAtle is not online. Last active: 02-19-2015, 16:11 KaiAtle
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2008
    • Ski, Norway
    • Points 175

Pressing Add Attachment button freezes Pegasus

Hi friends,

When composing a reply, selecting Attachment tab and pressing 'Add Attachement' button the program locks up.

Problem reproduces every time I try. Using English version. Works OK if I drag-and-drop the attachment file into the window.

OS is win/XP Pro, SP2 and updates. Computer is Fuj/Siemens Lap-top.

Kai Atle Myrvang

AD Elektronikk AS

Oslo, Norway

•  09-18-2008, 14:51

Re: Pressing Add Attachment button freezes Pegasus

I am suddenly starting to get crashes after starting a reply:

"Pegasus Mail for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

(but in fact it freezes and has to be closed by Task Manager).  WinXP, SP3, using traditional list mode for PMail.

Having read Kai Atle's message when composing a reply, I decided to test it for myself, but before clicking Add attachment (not used for years, since I normally drag and drop attachments), I thought I'd better save the message.  Saving the reply crashed the program.  Since then I have had a number of crashes when doing almost anything with a reply, including just clicking Reply, but I see my IMAP inbox new mail folder is corrupted, and clearing the cache doesn't help.  So at the moment I can't test anything - can't even read my new mail.  Will report back later.

David

•  09-18-2008, 15:13

OK, I've had to reboot the PC.  Inbox now fine, and I can't reproduce the crash when replying to a message either with save message or add attachment.

David

•  09-18-2008, 16:38

• idw is not online. Last active: Sat, Aug 24 2019, 13:25 idw
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-25-2007
    • Germany
    • SuperStar
    • Points 47,100
    • BetaTeam

What's your setting on Tools | Options | Advanced settings => "Allow multiple file selection ..." (read the associated online help entry to understand what's the issue with it)?
    Michael

--
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
    S/MIME Certificate Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5 5e 5b
  •  09-19-2008, 8:15

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2008
    • Ski, Norway
    • Points 175

idw:
    What's your setting on Tools | Options | Advanced settings => "Allow multiple file selection ..." (read the associated online help entry to understand what's the issue with it)?

The setting is unchecked. But another thought ...... could it be that the folder Peg is trying to open is not existent? Can it be that the last successful file was attached from a USB-flash which is no longer there. Does anyone know where the last successful path is stored and if I can remove/change it to verify the theory?

Kai Atle

•  09-19-2008, 8:21

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2008
    • Ski, Norway
    • Points 175

KaiAtle:

idw:

The setting is unchecked. But another thought ...... could it be that the folder Peg is trying to open is not existent? Can it be that the last successful file was attached from a USB-flash which is no longer there. Does anyone know where the last successful path is stored and if I can remove/change it to verify the theory?

Kai Atle

Further to the issue ...

I looked at the 'Recently used files'- selection and the uppermost is '//Server1/......' which I do NOT have access to unless I'm in the office. Will try again when I have access to this path and post the result.

Kai Atle

•  09-19-2008, 10:48

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-13-2008
    • Ski, Norway
    • Points 175

KaiAtle:

Further to the issue ...

I looked at the 'Recently used files'- selection and the uppermost is '//Server1/......' which I do NOT have access to unless I'm in the office. Will try again when I have access to this path and post the result.

Kai Atle

Have checked and can confirm that there is no problem when access to first entry in MRU-list is OK. I do not know if the problem actually is not enough patience from the user side. Though I really waited minutes and the TaskManager says 'NotResponding' when the problem occures. I'm helped now, but fine if David can find a way to shortcircuit this or give an indication that the program is actually not frozen, but waiting for something.

Kai Atle

•  05-30-2009, 21:36

• MJSmit is not online. Last active: 07-14-2015, 21:23 MJSmit
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2007
    • Amsterdam
    • Points 340

I have the same problem - Pegasus crashes any time I want to perform a folder operation (add attachment, save attachment, save message) but not when drag&dropping attachments onto a message. Kai, where is this MRU-list you speak of? Inside Pegasus, in a file, or in Windows?
    Filed under: , ,
  •  10-15-2012, 21:14

• tercoide is not online. Last active: 10-16-2012, 15:08 tercoide
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-02-2011
    • Points 50

same problem here, but only freezes when "Add atatchment.." button is pressed. Win XP SP3 , PM 4.63 english
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page