Finally moved to the new 4.63 version (from 4.52 :)). Have had a lot of things on my mind the last year...
And starting up Pmail shows the user interface, then shows the hourglass for like 5 seconds. Yikes. The only time I ever had a slow startup earlier was if I had lots of mails coming in.
1. Checked hierarch.pm but that one only has 21 clean entries
2. 12 mails in my inbox, no way that could slow down things
3. Not too many filters, 16 simple ones, applied when the folder is opened
4. 6Mb down speed so the reason shouldn't be checking for new mail
5. Running off an SSD so not my HD either :)
6. Plenty of memory (8G), quad core etc
7. Closing and opening Pmail again has it opening instantly without the hourglass. But after a few minutes it's back to hourglassing.
So a bit stumped WHY the new version is *slow*. Since I like to open up my mail when *I* have time for it (i.e. not keeping it running in the background) 5 seconds is a nuisance. In addition to making me curious why... Tried to create some logs but I've forgot most about bug hunting in Pmail so I couldn't even find them. Uh, oh. Maybe better to listen if anyone has any ideas?
Been mailing here before as backgren or eskimo (IIRC) but had to create a new account because I changed provider and there went the old email address.