Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Preventing crashes

Last post 11-26-2008, 22:46 by peggy. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-02-2008, 15:12

• idw is not online. Last active: Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:15 idw
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-25-2007
    • Germany
    • SuperStar
    • Points 48,575
    • BetaTeam

Preventing crashes

FYI: From what I've been seeing so far there's an easy way to prevent most of the crashes caused by the current Pegasus Mail beta version (with some minor unconvenient side effects): Go to Tools | Options | Advanced settings and set Load Windows Internet Services to Always and restart Pegasus Mail. Aside from showing a permanently red button on Pegasus Mail's status bar (bottom right) it may interfere with your current dial-up handling only - if you still need to use it these days. Otherwise it shouldn't have any other side effects. Please let us know whether it fixes your crash issues (at least partly) - after sending in your crash reports, of course ... :-)
    Michael

--
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
    S/MIME Certificate Fingerprint: 94 c6 b4 71 0c 62 30 88 a5 b2 77 01 74 2b 86 66 3b 7e 65 7c
  •  11-10-2008, 14:14

Re: Preventing crashes

I used to have crashes most of the times when I ended the PM beta version 4.50 PB1. By setting the option as you suggest, the crashes don't happen any more. Thanks a lot, it was so annoying!!!
    And a beautiful side effect of your suggestion is that PM starts and loads the "new mail forlder" much, much faster.

Piermario

•  11-26-2008, 22:46

• peggy is not online. Last active: 11. Mar 2017, 12:55 peggy
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-24-2008
    • Contributor
    • Points 3,300

Re: Preventing crashes

I have the same crash - problem when I close Pegasusmail. I have set: "Advanced settings and set Load Windows Internet Services to Always", but the problem is still there. (I have send a crash-dump-report)

Peggy

Du brauchst nicht unbedingt den Rat anderer befolgen, damit du dich gut fühlst. Oft genügt es schon um Rat zu fragen.....
    ~~~
    You do not necessarily follow the advice of others, to make you feel good. Often it is enough to ask for advice .....
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page