For the Outlook Express folders try DbxConv. This is a utility which is
designed to convert Mail (not news) folders from Outlook Express DBX
folders to standard MBX files importable by almost any mail program.
Pegasus Mail can read these *.MBX files directly, you simply point at the
directory containing the MBX files using the "Add mailbox to list".
For the Outlook folder there is a utility called PM2MSN32.exe from Martin
Ireland that can convert the Outlook folders to Pegasus Mail message files.
PM2MSM32 is a specialized 32bit Mapi client that interfaces directly with
Microsoft MsExchange/Outlook (or any other Mapi mail server). It extracts
the content of the InBox to individual text files that can be imported to other
mail systems such as Pegasus Mail. In the case of Pegasus Mail it puts
CNM files into the new mail directory and then you can put these into a
separate folder. http://www3.telus.net/public/irelam/
For Eudora or Netscape MBX type folders you can use "Add mailbox to list to
point at the directory containing the *.MBX files. You can also use Mail
System Converter to convert to and from a these and a few other mail
programs. http://www.interguru.com/mailconv.htm or the latest version is
always available from http://www.dragon-it.co.uk/pegasus.htm
For the address books use Dawn, created by Boris Zakharin
Dawn 5, created by Boris Zakharin
Dawn works with the following programs:
* Becky! -- Known to work with versions 2.00.08, 2.21.03
* Corel WordPerfect Address Book 8.x
* Eudora -- Known to work with versions 3.0, 4.3, 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 6.0, 6.2
* ExecMail / Simeon
* Forté Agent -- Known to work with version 4.0
* Internet Explorer / Outlook Express / Windows Address Book (WAB) 4.0 - 6.0 -- Known to
work with versions 4.0, 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0
* Juno 2.0 - 5.0 -- Known to work with versions 2.0.11, 4.3.09, 4.3.11, and 5.0.33
* Mozilla (Seamonkey) -- Known to work with versions 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9.2, 0.9.3, 0.9.7, 1.0,
1.2, 1.3, 1.6, 1.7
* Mozilla Thunderbird -- Known to work with version 1.0.2
* Netscape 3.0 - 7.1 -- Known to work with versions 3.0, 3.03, 4.0, 4.7, 4.78, 6.0, 6.01, 6.1,
6.2, 6.21, 7.0, 7.1 (Netscape 8 does not have an address book)
* MS Outlook 98 / 2000 / 2002 / 2003
* Opera -- Known to work with versions 5.1, 5.2, 6.0, 7.0, 7.23, 8.01, 8.02
* Palm support through Palm Desktop (read only) -- Known to work with versions 3.01, 4.0,
* Pegasus Mail -- Known to work with version 3.12b, 4.01, 4.12a, 4.21c, 4.51
* Pine (PC and UNIX) -- Mailing Lists not supported
* Other programs which can use/import/export LDAP/LDIF, vCard (VCF), Comma Separated
Value (CSV), plain text, one per line or comma separated formats or store addresses in a
text file suitable for extraction
And finally if cost is not a problem here are a couple of commercial programs to do this type of conversion.
You might want to check out the converters available at the following site as well.
Thomas R. Stephenson
San Jose, California
Member of Pegasus Mail Support Team
I do not answer private messages from the forum. If you want to contact me use email to email@example.com.