Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Encrypting copies to self

Last post 05-08-2012, 16:22 by idw. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-08-2012, 14:46

• MikeSoja is not online. Last active: 05-08-2012, 17:50 MikeSoja
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-08-2012
    • Points 20

Encrypting copies to self

Long time Pegasus user, first time caller.

Yesterday, installed Gpg4win and then the QDGPG plugun for Pegasus.  Was successfully able to exchange key blocks and then send and receive encrypted emails with "Adele, the friendly OpenPGP
    email robot".

However, after hitting the "Send' button there is some activity registered in the lower left corner and then up pops a QDGPG alert box that says "Fatal error".  After I clear that, another QDGPG alert box pops up saying "Encryption failed".

The Gpg4win documentation says that it can and will encrypt copies to self, and since the outgoing is mail is successfully encrypted, I assume that the "Fatal error" pertains to the attempt to encrypt the copy-to-self version of the message.

Something I subsequently read here last night seemed to indicate that it isn't possible to encrypt those copies to self in Pegasus.  Is that true?  Do any of the Pegasus plugins provide the encrypt to self functionality?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Filed under:
  •  05-08-2012, 16:22

• idw is not online. Last active: Tue, Jul 25 2017, 19:00 idw
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-25-2007
    • Germany
    • SuperStar
    • Points 43,755
    • BetaTeam

Re: Encrypting copies to self

MikeSoja:
    Something I subsequently read here last night seemed to indicate that it isn't possible to encrypt those copies to self in Pegasus.  Is that true?  Do any of the Pegasus plugins provide the encrypt to self functionality?

Yes and no. As a workaround you may want to send yourself (permanent) BCC's - if QDGPG supports encrypting to BCC addresses which I don't know.

Michael

--
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
    S/MIME Certificate Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5 5e 5b
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page