Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Fair well to Thomas Stephenson . . .

Last post 05-17-2013, 1:14 by Sharkfin. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-29-2012, 23:01

• NTxLS is not online. Last active: Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:39 NTxLS
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-12-2007
    • Texas USofA
    • Contributor
    • Points 3,805

Fair well to Thomas Stephenson . . .

I would like to send my condolences to the family of Thomas Stephenson.

I know how it is to loose someone close, I experienced a similar lose on Mother's Day, 13 May, 2012, with a call at 0300 local time.  My Wife of 48.5 years expired after a minor injury when she fell climbing the steps to our front door.  She had broken her left leg near the top and it was set the very next day.  Week later she passed even though the rehabilitation hospital she was in had confidence in her recovery.  She was a 35 year *** cancer survivor.

Many years ago I was helped by Thomas and he was so patient and reassuring me all would go well, and it did.

"We should feel sorrow, but not sink under its oppression."
            Confucius

TIA, CU L8R,
    NTxLS "Lone Wanderer"
    Dell Inspiron 1564 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M330 @ 3.xxGHz 4.00G RAM; Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
  •  10-15-2012, 11:02

Re: Fair well to Thomas Stephenson . . .

No matter how I might confuse myself, nor how Pegasus might perplex me, Thomas was always thoughtful in helping me.  His loss saddens me.
  •  10-21-2012, 23:34

• erchess is not online. Last active: 06-10-2014, 20:10 erchess
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-12-2012
    • Points 850

I did not know Thomas and I have no idea what he may have been involved in beyond PMail but his work here goes on and it sounds as though he in his time made great contributions to that work. May his memory be a blessing to those who loved him and may time ease the pain of all our losses.
  •  05-17-2013, 1:14

• Sharkfin is not online. Last active: 10 Jan 2015, 19:14 Sharkfin
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-02-2008
    • United Kingdom
    • Contributor
    • Points 4,555

Oh my. I've not been to this forum for quite some time and to see this news was very sad.

Thomas was amazing in his efforts to help absolutely everyone who turned up here  or, I believe, on usenet.

Well, he certainly made a mark in life and I'll remember him fondly even though I didn't know him other than via the occasional shared thread.

View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page