Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

How to restore outbound emails

Last post 06-16-2015, 13:46 by Brian Fluet. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-16-2015, 12:47

• Calamity is not online. Last active: 06-30-2015, 12:20 Calamity
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-16-2015
    • Points 20

How to restore outbound emails

By mistake, I attempted to send an enormous attachment with Pegaus Mail 4.7 - causing it to enter a state of 'perpetual motion'. To overcome this problem, I re-installed the program - but all settings, emails etc were lost. In PMAIL\MAIL\ADMIN I have found CNM files that appear to be copies of 'lost' incoming emails. By moving them up one level to the MAIL folder I am able to read them again. I should be most grateful for any advice on how to 'restore' copies of outbound email that I have sent.
    Filed under:
  •  06-16-2015, 13:46

• Brian Fluet is not online. Last active: 08-24-2019, 20:50 Brian Fluet
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-24-2014
    • North Carolina, USA
    • SuperStar
    • Points 26,065

Re: How to restore outbound emails

A reinstall will not affect any existing settings or mail data unless you deleted to old install including the mailbox directories.  Another possibility is that you reinstalled to a different path which means your old mailbox directories are still there somewhere.   Moving .cnm files to \MAIL should make them invisible, not visible.  The \MAIL directory is simply the container where the mailbox directories reside.  It sounds like something went wrong with the reinstall.  I suggest posting this in the Pegasus Mail Community Support forum and include details about how you went about the new install.  Also include the content displayed by the 'Info' button located in Help > About Pegasus Mail.  This will provide details about the current installation.  Finally, do a search for a file named PMAIL.INI.  This file resides in every mailbox directory so the search will identify those directories.

View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page