Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Pegasus Mail manual

Last post 01-23-2016, 23:38 by WindSweptCowboy. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-12-2016, 15:36

• Brian Fluet is not online. Last active: 10-20-2019, 3:30 Brian Fluet
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-24-2014
    • North Carolina, USA
    • SuperStar
    • Points 26,555

Pegasus Mail manual

First let me express my gratitude to the beta tester.  I corresponded with a couple of you directly (and probably others that I don't know are beta testers) and am most appreciative of your contributions to Pegasus Mail. 

I write this knowing that I am stating an obvious when I say the the manual needs a update.  Until now I did not give this much thought because the out of date info always seemed benign until this morning when I noticed that the installation section (Pg 12) specifically states that it is ok to install in \Program Files.  I am hopeful that the help info provided during the install is up to date (I regret not having looked at it).

•  01-13-2016, 4:40

• irelam is not online. Last active: 10-21-2019, 17:02 irelam
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-23-2007
    • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    • SuperStar
    • Points 21,175
    • BetaTeam Moderator

Re: Pegasus Mail manual

I think this manual should be tackled as a group project with volunteers being given chapters or sections to update. The reason I say this is that David will be expected to write the first edition of Pegasus Mail V5, as no-one else will know, or have documentation to answer questions or information.

As to your observation, I think it should be a priority for someone to update the current manual about not using the \Program files directory trees. The current manual is 176 pages set up in 16 chapters.

Martin

•  01-23-2016, 23:38

Re: Pegasus Mail manual

My hand is raised to volunteer with writing, as schedule may allow.  My preference would be to focus on writing for forthcoming Version 5, rather the writing for the long-serving, but soon (hopefully) to be superseded Version 4.xx.

As you say, Mr. Harris is the person with Version 5 knowledge, so except for somehow coordinating with Mr. Harris, or maybe helping to edit his drafts, I have no Version 5 knowledge.  Mr. Harris seems to prefer accomplishing the tasks himself.  ...  As past manuals are clear and well-orgainzed, Mr. Harris does not seem to require much editing.  Yet, his workload seems stupendous.  At some point, expecting him to do so much seems disrespectful and unappreciative.

View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page