Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

New mail self deleting?

Last post 07-17-2017, 19:36 by Brian Fluet. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-17-2017, 19:12

New mail self deleting?

This is strange......over the last few months I began losing  certain emails. I have Xfinity and I would  check my email on my phone but I would pop it down and reply from my desktop at work. Some days later I went to look for the email I had replied to in the "New  Mail" folder and couldn't find it.....but it was still on the Xfinity server. I finally realized that every email that I now reply to just disappears. It doesn't appear in the deleted mail folder and I can't find it anywhere. The mail setting are set to leave all read mail on the server.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Bob 

•  07-17-2017, 19:36

• Brian Fluet is not online. Last active: 11-23-2017, 3:10 Brian Fluet
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-24-2014
    • North Carolina, USA
    • SuperStar
    • Points 16,900

Re: New mail self deleting?

Immediately coming to mind are the following four ways that messages can be removed from the New Mail folder:.

• Manually, by delete or move.
    • Automatically as a result of Pegasus Mail being configured not to allow read mail to remain in the New Mail folder.  The default is to move read messages to the Main folder.  This is configurable.  Tools > Options > General settings > Basic settings
    • New mail filtering rules.  Tools > Mail filtering rules > Edit new mail filtering rules
    • Autofilters.  To see a list of the Autofilters in place make sure the Folders window is open and active then go to Folders > Manage Autofilter folders

Brian Fluet
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page