Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Problem printing HTML mail

Last post 06-08-2019, 21:54 by GuyT. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-04-2019, 14:25

• GuyT is not online. Last active: 06-10-2019, 18:26 GuyT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-05-2007
    • Amsterdam
    • Points 255

Problem printing HTML mail

When I first started using Pegasus (back mid-90's) when you wanted to print a mail you just got a 'Print mail message' box showing and you got an ASCII plain text print. Some time ago there was a change and a pop up page opened showing the mail in HTML and the option to print it as such. Even better you could see how many pages there where making it easy to choose which one's to print.

Now I don't know if it's something I've done (there was a box to tick if you didn't want this option to show again but I'm sure I never ticked it) or some change (maybe a Windows update thing, I'm using Windows 10) but it had disappeared and though I have tried a lot of things nothing has brought it back. All I get is the old 'Print mail message' box showing and can't print any HTML, no graphics, QR and bar codes, pictures, etc. 

I can't find anything in other mails and the archive so am posting a new mail.
    How do I get it back?
  •  06-04-2019, 15:00

• Brian Fluet is not online. Last active: 10-20-2019, 3:30 Brian Fluet
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-24-2014
    • North Carolina, USA
    • SuperStar
    • Points 26,555

Re: Problem printing HTML mail

The prompt you are looking for is associated with IERenderer.  It only pops up when attempting to print while viewing HTML content (fancy view) and when IERenderer is enabled.

To insure IERenderer is enabled click its icon in the main Pegasus Mail toolbar and make sure the "Use IERenderer" option is ticked. If it is and you still don't see the pop up post back and I'm sure the author of IERenderer will respond with advice on how to re-enable it.

FWIW, when IERenderer is disabled, Bearhtml takes over HTML rendering duties.  It's print preview and printer control can be invoked with Ctrl+Shift+P. 

•  06-05-2019, 10:07

• idw is online. Last active: Wed, Oct 23 2019, 17:57 idw
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-25-2007
    • Germany
    • SuperStar
    • Points 47,415
    • BetaTeam

Attachment: Printer.jpg

Brian Fluet:
    FWIW, when IERenderer is disabled, Bearhtml takes over HTML rendering duties.  It's print preview and printer control can be invoked with Ctrl+Shift+P. 

So can IER as well. And if you open IER's configuration dialog (via the same button menu mentioned by Brian) it provides an option on its Various tab offering two printer related options which should enable what you're looking for:

Michael

--
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
    S/MIME Certificate Fingerprint: 94 c6 b4 71 0c 62 30 88 a5 b2 77 01 74 2b 86 66 3b 7e 65 7c
  •  06-08-2019, 21:34

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-05-2007
    • Amsterdam
    • Points 255

That was my first thought and I looked at IERender and it was enabled which left me scatching my head. However see my reply to the next mail ....
  •  06-08-2019, 21:54

• Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-05-2007
    • Amsterdam
    • Points 255

That's it!  Looked at Various tab in Configure and the Default HTML printing box was not ticked. No idea how that happened, maybe I accidentally ticked the don't show this option again, or that I didn't notice but problem solved.

Thanks to both of you. Would have responded earlier but having problems with some corrupted mail so may be posting again soon.

View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page