Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Subscriber to subscriber use

Last post 08-25-2019, 14:51 by Rolf Lindby. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-25-2019, 1:34

Subscriber to subscriber use

New user. I use Mercury/32 v4.6 June 27, 2008 with XAMPP for Windows 7.3.5. I have sucessfully set up Mercury as a relay from an external email address to a Mercury Mail list, all on external email addresses. I am using the pop and SMTP of the From email address. And this is working very well. I have used it with no problems for about three years. Any user can send an email to the subscribers list. Now, my question: Is there a way, a subscriber and send an email using Mercury to a single specific subscriber on the list?
  •  08-25-2019, 14:51

• Rolf Lindby is not online. Last active: 2019-09-21, 18:34 Rolf Lindby
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-08-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • SuperStar
    • Points 26,350
    • BetaTeam Moderator SystemAdministrator

Re: Subscriber to subscriber use

Not sure I really understand your setup, but regardless of that I assume the question is if a list subscriber can send a message to the list but only have it distributed to one specific subscriber. Short answer no, long answer maybe, but it would be very complicated. One would need to create a daemon to intercept such messages in Mercury and bypass normal list handling, and the sender would need to manually include the address of the intended recipient somewhere in his message, as a unique header or similar. Any tiny error could result in the message being distributed to the entire list.

View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page