Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

PMServer.txt

Last post 01-07-2020, 19:02 by denniss. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-07-2020, 0:36

• denniss is not online. Last active: 01-07-2020, 19:02 denniss
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2009
    • Skagit Co, WA;USA
    • Points 1,115

PMServer.txt

Greetings -

Many years ago I set up our home computers with Pegasus running on one as a mail server. The directions to how to do it were in a file called PMServer.txt that I downloaded from somewhere. It's been so long ago (like years) I have no idea where I found it. Can anyone point me to a source for it?

Many thanks in advance.

And Congrats for the 30 years of service starting with 2020. Happy New Year!

Cheers;
    Dennis
  •  01-07-2020, 3:15

Re: PMServer.txt

denniss:

Greetings -

Many years ago I set up our home computers with Pegasus running on one as a mail server. The directions to how to do it were in a file called PMServer.txt that I downloaded from somewhere. It's been so long ago (like years) I have no idea where I found it. Can anyone point me to a source for it?

Many thanks in advance.

And Congrats for the 30 years of service starting with 2020. Happy New Year!

I'm afraid I've never heard about this file. Anyway, there are several discussions about the use of Pegasus Mail on a LAN (with and without Mercury32) on the Listserv mailing list. You can search its archives after a subject like "Attempting to set up computer access across network not succeeding". The year was 2012...

TTBOMK I think it is a matter of setting the correct path to the remote home mailbox via UNC using Pconfig. You'll see they had problems to make it work on W7 at that time, not a problem today as Pconfig is a Win32 binary today.

I was trying to find a message from Thomas Stephenson explaining why Pegasus Mail is not a simple e-mail client but a full mail system. Unfortunately I fail to locate his explanation to me which included a full lesson on how to setup Pegasus Mail on a LAN for multiple users. Tomorrow I'll try on my own archives...

Best,

euler f german
    sete lagoas, mg, brazil
    Pegasus Mail 4.73.639 Standalone - Windows 7 Ultimate
    BearHTML 4.9.9.6 IERenderer 2.6.3.2
    Binaries: C:\PMAIL\Programs
    Mailboxes: C:\PMAIL\MAIL

InsPMDic — Dictionary Handler Add-on (link on profile)
  •  01-07-2020, 14:38

• Brian Fluet is not online. Last active: 01-29-2020, 16:06 Brian Fluet
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-24-2014
    • North Carolina, USA
    • SuperStar
    • Points 28,835

I have a pdf document that might help.  It's titled Network Administrator's Guide, DOS and Windows Versions.  It's heavy on Netware but the Windows related stuff is in there too.  Send me a PM with your email address if you would like me to send it to you.

I run a network installation of Pegasus Mail at the office so can probably help with specific questions. 

•  01-07-2020, 19:02

• denniss is not online. Last active: 01-07-2020, 19:02 denniss
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-03-2009
    • Skagit Co, WA;USA
    • Points 1,115

Thank you, Brian and Euler -

The pmserver.txt file is signed by Chris Floyd at caladmin.com. It finally dawned on me I should try his old email address to at least see if he's still there. Will let you know if anything turns up.

Meanwhile, my network setup is such a cobbled together mess I won't trouble you with those details.

Thanks again,

Cheers;
    Dennis
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page