Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Copies to self from queue

Last post 01-17-2008, 17:20 by anbecker. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-17-2008, 14:15

Copies to self from queue

I have set options such that every Mail I send out gets to the "copies to self" folder. But every mail that is being saved, or that I put in the queue and rework afterwards, also gets in this folder so that

1) this folder becomes too crowded

2) I do not know which mails went out and which not.

Some mails in the "Copies to self" folder are marked on the left with an orange box, others with a red arrow. I don't know what that means.

Where do I find information on that, and how can I change settings such that only really sent mail goes to "Copies to self"?

Can someone help?

Bernward 

•  01-17-2008, 14:29

• Francois is not online. Last active: 29-07-2013, 22:38 Francois
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-15-2007
    • Points 995

Re: Copies to self from queue

Instead of using the Copies to self, put your address in the Permanent Blind CC: field in your Preferences.

This way you'll receive the exact copy of what was really sent out. (you can setup an incoming mail filter rule for these messages)

Hope this helps!

François

P.S. The reason PM uses that system is that it was primarily designed for Networks instead of POP3.

But I agree it's not the most obvious and user friendly.

Ce message provient du Québec!
  •  01-17-2008, 16:26

François Blais:

Instead of using the Copies to self, put your address in the Permanent Blind CC: field in your Preferences.

And if you do this when running as a POP3/IMAP4 client without Mercury/32 then use your local username as an address so the Bcc: does not get sent to the SMTP host and then back.

Thomas R. Stephenson
    San Jose, California
    Member of Pegasus Mail Support Team

I do not answer private messages from the forum. If you want to contact me use email to techsupp@tstephenson.com.
  •  01-17-2008, 16:39

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-15-2007
    • Points 995

Thomas R. Stephenson:
    François Blais:

And if you do this when running as a POP3/IMAP4 client without Mercury/32 then use your local username as an address so the Bcc: does not get sent to the SMTP host and then back.

Thanks, Thomas.

But if, like me, you're running a standalone setup without username?

[...5 minutes later...] 

I just ran a test and the username "Admin" works fine!

Best!

François

•  01-17-2008, 16:44

• anbecker is not online. Last active: 05-26-2015, 18:23 anbecker
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Germany
    • Points 795

François Blais:

which has the big disadvantage that only the "from"-field but not the addressee is displayed in the message list.

I really do not see the point in case of queued but reworked messages. Of course, only the message relating to the newer copy-to-self has been sent out.

The symbols in the copy-self-folder have the same meaning as in any folder, i.e. yellow box=formatted message; blue triangle = answered; red triangel=forwarded.

•  01-17-2008, 16:56

• Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-15-2007
    • Points 995

anbecker:
    François Blais:

which has the big disadvantage that only the "from"-field but not the addressee is displayed in the message list.

Yes, because Pegasus itself doesn't display a "To:" column ...

I think it's a long-standing query to add this to PM.

Or at least the ability to select the columns you want, like many other programs already offer.

•  01-17-2008, 17:20

• anbecker is not online. Last active: 05-26-2015, 18:23 anbecker
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Germany
    • Points 795

François Blais:

Or at least the ability to select the columns you want, like many other programs already offer.

or at least to provide the opportunity to automatically change the content of the from-field by marking the message as copy-to-self (either by a filtering rule or manually under message properties). Should not be that difficult...

View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page