Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Pegasus Crashing when attempting to select a distribution list for filtering rules.

Last post 02-27-2008, 21:25 by RFrey. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-22-2008, 18:03

• RFrey is not online. Last active: 10-19-2011, 16:55 RFrey
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2008
    • Manheim PA USA
    • Points 280

Pegasus Crashing when attempting to select a distribution list for filtering rules.

I did a search on Pegasus group for: Crash Filter ; and found no results; please advise if I have missed solution.Embarrassed

Version: 4.41 installed on Network Drive; accessed from Work Station via shortcut

Environment:  Windows XP Pro SP2 work station; Novell Netware 6.5 Network; Novell Client 4.91 SP3 for Windows

Particulars: Have multiple distribution lists that all appear intact; some are personal; others are system wide.

Problem:  When I click on:  Red Funnel Icon for "New Mail Filtering Rules"; Add New Rule button; Scan List... button; Select button ---> Crash

No list comes up; immediate crashes.

Fortunately, I am able to manually add the distribution list file name.

Any ideas?

Filed under: , ,
  •  02-22-2008, 18:25

Re: Pegasus Crashing when attempting to select a distribution list for filtering rules.

Check the list list dist. lists to ensure that they are all valid.  One bad list caused problems for me in the past.

Thomas R. Stephenson
    San Jose, California
    Member of Pegasus Mail Support Team

I do not answer private messages from the forum. If you want to contact me use email to techsupp@tstephenson.com.
  •  02-27-2008, 21:25

• RFrey is not online. Last active: 10-19-2011, 16:55 RFrey
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2008
    • Manheim PA USA
    • Points 280

Re: Pegasus Crashing when attempting to select a distribution list for filtering rules.

Thank you for your reply; however,  I'm not clear on where you are suggesting I check.  If I review my distribution lists, that is, I click on each D-List in the Distribution Listing available via the F6 key and review the contents on the right panel, each address appears in good order (no odd characters, etc.).  I can not find any file named "list" or "list list".   I think I must have a bad distribution list though somewhere because Pegasus also bombs when I try to add an address to a distribution list by right clicking on the new message and selecting "Add Sender's Address To..." and then click on "Distribution List..."

RESOLUTION:  Divide and Conquer...I moved all my personal D-List files (*.PML) to a temporary folder and tried above processes.  Both now work fine so apparently all my System D-List (*.PML) files are fine.  Next, I added half of my personal D-List files (*.PML) back and tried again.  Still all is working as it should.  Finally, I added the other half of my personal D-List files (*.PML) back and tried still again.  I fully expected it to crash, but it didn't. Big Smile It seems the process of removing the personal D-List files (*.PML) out of my pmail directory and then copying them back must have fixed some slight file corruption in one or more of the D-List files.  I closed and re-opened Pegasus and all seems to still be working.  Thank you for focusing my attention on the D-List files.Drinks

View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page