Mercury Mail Transport
Mercury Mail Transport is an email and list server.
System requirements, Mercury for Windows Systems
* Windows Vista: Mercury's help system requires the user to download WinHelp from the Microsoft support site when running under Vista: this restriction will be addressed in a future release of the program.
- Windows 98, 2000, XP or Vista*; Windows Server 2003 or 2008: we strongly recommend using XP or Windows Server 2003/2008 in preference to other versions of Windows.
- Windows NT4 can be used as a host for Mercury, but SSL services will almost certainly not be available in that environment, and running the program as a service under NT will almost certainly require the use a service wrapper such as SRVANY or FireDaemon.
- Properly-configured TCP/IP services running on the workstation or server
- 3MB disk space, plus overhead for received and stored mail
- 10-12MB workstation RAM depending on loading; more if using IMAP extensively (approximately 500Kb per simultaneous IMAP connection)
- In NetWare mode - a NetWare 3.x, 4.x, 5.x or 6.x file server on your local area network, and genuine Novell workstation software installed on the workstation where Mercury/32 runs (client workstations need not necessarily use genuine Novell requester software).
- Mercury can run either as a standard Windows application, with a full graphical user interface, or as a native Windows service. The choice of run mode can be changed at any time.