Community Discussions and Support
Mass Email Deletion?

Yes.

If they're in the new mail folder you would use a new mail filtering rule > rules applied when folder is opened.  All unread messages will be run through the filter each time the new mail folder is opened.   Note that only unread message are filtered so you may have to mark them as unread.  You can mark all as unread using Ctrl + A followed by Ctrl + U.

If they are in a folder you would use a general rule set and attach it to the folder as a folder-open or folder-close filter set.  The attach option is in the context menu when your right-click on a folder name. The read/unread status is irrelevant in this scenario.

If you haven't worked with filters before consider testing the filter using a "Set message colour" action.  This provide visual verification of the messages detected by the filter.  If all is well you can then change the action to Move or Delete.

<p>Yes.</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">If they're in the new mail folder you would use a new mail filtering rule > rules applied when folder is opened.  All unread messages will be run through the filter each time the new mail folder is opened.   Note that only unread message are filtered so you may have to mark them as unread.  You can mark all as unread using Ctrl + A followed by Ctrl + U.</span></p><p>If they are in a folder you would use a general rule set and attach it to the folder as a folder-open or folder-close filter set.  The attach option is in the context menu when your right-click on a folder name. The read/unread status is irrelevant in this scenario.</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">If you haven't worked with filters before consider testing the filter using a "Set message colour" action.  This provide visual verification of the messages detected by the filter.  If all is well you can then change the action to Move or Delete.</span></p><p> </p>

Only way I can see to mass-delete emails from particular addresses is to search on that address, go into the search results folder, and SHIFT-DEL them one by one. (SHIFT-DEL after selecting all does not work.) Two problems with this:

1) It's tedious as all hell.

2) When I hit anything from the 17th to the 70th email (it varies), the program stops me cold by going through a long series of compression operations that freeze everything until completed. I have probably tens of thousands of junk emails to delete, and at this rate that will take years.

Is there a better/less maddening way to do this?

Thanks for any help!

<p>Only way I can see to mass-delete emails from particular addresses is to search on that address, go into the search results folder, and SHIFT-DEL them one by one. (SHIFT-DEL after selecting all does not work.) Two problems with this:</p><p>1) It's tedious as all hell.</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">2) When I hit anything from the 17th to the 70th email (it varies), the program stops me cold by going through a long series of compression operations that freeze everything until completed. I have probably tens of thousands of junk emails to delete, and at this rate that will take years.</span></p><p>Is there a better/less maddening way to do this?</p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;">Thanks for any help!</span></p><p><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></p>

Use a filter to delete all messages from a particular address?

Filter into a folder, review, select all, delete?

<p>Use a filter to delete all messages from a particular address?</p><p>Filter into a folder, review, select all, delete?</p>

Thanks! Can I filter msgs already received? 

<p>Thanks! Can I filter msgs already received?<span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft