Community Discussions and Support
Download controls don't work

I have installed Pegasus Mail on my new laptop and try to manage download controls. But both available functions to avoid repeated excessive downloads don't do their job:

"Delete mail on server once it has been successfully retrieved" should be enough, but every time I see the program startting to download 1575 new mails again.

The alternative, "Download only unread mail" does not work either.

What can be wrong in my settings?

Frank Steenkamp

I have installed Pegasus Mail on my new laptop and try to manage download controls. But both available functions to avoid repeated excessive downloads don't do their job: "Delete mail on server once it has been successfully retrieved" should be enough, but every time I see the program startting to download 1575 new mails again. The alternative, "Download only unread mail" does not work either. What can be wrong in my settings? Frank Steenkamp

Pegasus Mail maintains a record of downloaded messages. That record does not yet exist in your new Pegasus Mail installation so it will download all messages on the server. AFAIK, when the process is interrupted a record of the ones retrieved is not recorded.

You have two options.

1. Let Pegasus Mail download them all and then delete the ones you don't want.
  2. Access your hosted mailbox via its web interface and remove all of the messages that you do not want Pegasus Mail to download.

Pegasus Mail maintains a record of downloaded messages. That record does not yet exist in your new Pegasus Mail installation so it will download all messages on the server. AFAIK, when the process is interrupted a record of the ones retrieved is not recorded. You have two options. 1. Let Pegasus Mail download them all and then delete the ones you don't want. 2. Access your hosted mailbox via its web interface and remove all of the messages that you do not want Pegasus Mail to download.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft