Community Discussions and Support
Only "InBox" Folder downloaded.. Can pop3 download Other folders too..?

Wow..!!! Pegasus was easy to connect to my online email account. Downloading "inbox" was easy too. Unfortunately folders like "Sent items", "Drafts' and other Folders did NOT automatically download. Can i download "Other" folders using pop3..?

Thanks in advance.. smile

Wow..!!! Pegasus was easy to connect to my online email account. Downloading "inbox" was easy too. Unfortunately folders like "Sent items", "Drafts' and other Folders did NOT automatically download. Can i download "Other" folders using pop3..? Thanks in advance.. :)

No. Only new mail is available to POP3. Pegasus Mail keeps track of downloaded mail so it only retrieves what it sees as not yet downloaded. There are exceptions though. Gmail is one of them, internally keeping track of what has been downloaded via POP3.

An IMAP connection would provide access to the other folders.

No. Only new mail is available to POP3. Pegasus Mail keeps track of downloaded mail so it only retrieves what it sees as not yet downloaded. There are exceptions though. Gmail is one of them, internally keeping track of what has been downloaded via POP3. An IMAP connection would provide access to the other folders.

Hi Brian.. THANK for your explaining about POP3 limitations.
Your answer was very helpful.
Best Wishes...
777-pmail

Hi Brian.. THANK for your explaining about POP3 limitations. Your answer was very helpful. Best Wishes... 777-pmail
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft