Mercury Suggestions
Interface for MercuryE

I was experimenting with MercuryE. I run Mercury on a dual-homed Windows PC with two ISPs and two external IPs, IP1/ISP1 and IP2/ISP2. Both IPs are nominally dynamic. The ROUTE command on the PC is set up so IP1 is the preferred interface for initiating outgoing to the Internet. As it turns out, IP1 is on the Spamhaus PBL but IP2 is not. I want to test IP2 for outgoing email but still use IP1 for general outgoing Internet. (IP1/ISP1 cannot be made static; IP2/ISP2 can be made static.) I see no way to set the interface parameter for MercuryE. I want to listen on both interfaces, so I don't want to use the SMTP server's "IP Interface to use" configuration parameter. If I make IP2/ISP2 static and exclusively send with it, I should be able to send my own email without worrying about both the PBL and using a third-party sender. Is what I want to do currently possible and I'm missing something? (In case you're curious, yes, I require auth to send.)

I was experimenting with MercuryE. I run Mercury on a dual-homed Windows PC with two ISPs and two external IPs, IP1/ISP1 and IP2/ISP2. Both IPs are nominally dynamic. The ROUTE command on the PC is set up so IP1 is the preferred interface for initiating outgoing to the Internet. As it turns out, IP1 is on the Spamhaus PBL but IP2 is not. I want to test IP2 for outgoing email but still use IP1 for general outgoing Internet. (IP1/ISP1 cannot be made static; IP2/ISP2 can be made static.) I see no way to set the interface parameter for MercuryE. I want to listen on both interfaces, so I don't want to use the SMTP server's "IP Interface to use" configuration parameter. If I make IP2/ISP2 static and exclusively send with it, I should be able to send my own email without worrying about both the PBL and using a third-party sender. Is what I want to do currently possible and I'm missing something? (In case you're curious, yes, I require auth to send.)
edited Jun 7 at 2:34 am
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft