Disabling VRFY/EXPN in Merc 1.48

Is there a way to disable the vrfy and/or expn commands in

Mercury/NLM 1.48. . .what line should I add to MercuryS in

mercury.ini.  Yes, I know I should upgrade to Merc 32, and I"m in the

process of doing that as I get time, but right now I'm trying to get my

isp (state of Utah systems) to unblock port 25 so we can do

authenticated relaying, and they won't until I can disable these

commands.

The EXPN is not implemented in either Mercury or Mercury/32.  The VRFY cannot be disabled in MercuryS.nlm as far as I know and I've been running it since it came out and still do.  You can of course run Mercury/32 delivering directly to the users if you wish.  You do not need to shut down MercuryS.NLM but you'll probably have to swap domain names. 

I'm currently running Mercury/32 in front of Mercury.NLM pushing to the MercuryS.NLM host.  I also send via MercuryC.NLM on the server.  I use a simple BASIC program and a batch file to do this.

<blockquote>Is there a way to disable the vrfy and/or expn commands in Mercury/NLM 1.48. . .what line should I add to MercuryS in mercury.ini.  Yes, I know I should upgrade to Merc 32, and I"m in the process of doing that as I get time, but right now I'm trying to get my isp (state of Utah systems) to unblock port 25 so we can do authenticated relaying, and they won't until I can disable these commands. </blockquote><p>The EXPN is not implemented in either Mercury or Mercury/32.  The VRFY cannot be disabled in MercuryS.nlm as far as I know and I've been running it since it came out and still do.  You can of course run Mercury/32 delivering directly to the users if you wish.  You do not need to shut down MercuryS.NLM but you'll probably have to swap domain names.  </p><p>I'm currently running Mercury/32 in front of Mercury.NLM pushing to the MercuryS.NLM host.  I also send via MercuryC.NLM on the server.  I use a simple BASIC program and a batch file to do this. </p><p> </p>

Is there a way to disable the vrfy and/or expn commands in Mercury/NLM 1.48. . .what line should I add to MercuryS in mercury.ini.  Yes, I know I should upgrade to Merc 32, and I"m in the process of doing that as I get time, but right now I'm trying to get my isp (state of Utah systems) to unblock port 25 so we can do authenticated relaying, and they won't until I can disable these commands. 

Thanks,

Debbie Hatt

SEUALG Network Admin

<P>Is there a way to disable the vrfy and/or expn commands in Mercury/NLM 1.48. . .what line should I add to MercuryS in mercury.ini.  Yes, I know I should upgrade to Merc 32, and I"m in the process of doing that as I get time, but right now I'm trying to get my isp (state of Utah systems) to unblock port 25 so we can do authenticated relaying, and they won't until I can disable these commands. </P> <P>Thanks,</P> <P>Debbie Hatt</P> <P>SEUALG Network Admin</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft