Community Discussions and Support
Hebrew Support

[quote user="Df2"]

I read that pegasus mail can now support hebrew but have not been able to find how to configure it for that.  Any info would be welcome

TIA 

[/quote]

Long long time ago I made a glossary on this, don't know (and cannot test it) if it's content is still valid, but perhaps as a starter:

To read Hebrew messages try the following:

Alter the commandline you use to start Pegasus Mail for Windows and add -Z 262144 to it or, when there is already a -Z value, simply add the value 262144 to it (so e.g. -Z 284 becomes -Z 262428 - please note the space after the Z)

From help Commandline options:

262144 Force all message text to flow right-to-left. This is an experimental option intended for use in environments such as Hebrew Windows, where both Western and Hebrew fonts are present on the system.

To make the Hebrew come out correctly you need to click Right Alt-Shift to change the language displayed to Hebrew and the language direction to RTL (Right to Left). This has to be done while still in the new mail folder, BEFORE double-clicking to display the entire essage.
Then, to return to LTR display, it is necessary to close the message and click
Left Alt-Shift, and then you can open other messages in English, as LTR.

[quote user="Df2"]<p>I read that pegasus mail can now support hebrew but have not been able to find how to configure it for that.  Any info would be welcome</p><p>TIA </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Long long time ago I made a glossary on this, don't know (and cannot test it) if it's content is still valid, but perhaps as a starter:</p><p>To read Hebrew messages try the following: Alter the commandline you use to start Pegasus Mail for Windows and add -Z 262144 to it or, when there is already a -Z value, simply add the value 262144 to it (so e.g. -Z 284 becomes -Z 262428 - please note the space after the Z) From help Commandline options: 262144 Force all message text to flow right-to-left. This is an experimental option intended for use in environments such as Hebrew Windows, where both Western and Hebrew fonts are present on the system. To make the Hebrew come out correctly you need to click Right Alt-Shift to change the language displayed to Hebrew and the language direction to RTL (Right to Left). This has to be done while still in the new mail folder, BEFORE double-clicking to display the entire essage. Then, to return to LTR display, it is necessary to close the message and click Left Alt-Shift, and then you can open other messages in English, as LTR.  </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

I read that pegasus mail can now support hebrew but have not been able to find how to configure it for that.  Any info would be welcome

TIA 

<p>I read that pegasus mail can now support hebrew but have not been able to find how to configure it for that.  Any info would be welcome</p><p> </p><p>TIA </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft