Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Strikethrough and auto-numbered lists

Hello,

Just to let you know that Html V5 has made a number of formatting changes, including the Strike tag which is now deprecated, as well as the simple S tag. The recommended solution is to use CSS commands instead.  You can look up, in Google, the details of what html tags are dropped as well as put on end-of-life notice (deprecated).  I doubt this will affect us any time soon, as take up by the software vendors is slow until a majority of users insist on the changes. 

Martin 

<p>Hello,</p><p>   Just to let you know that Html V5 has made a number of formatting changes, including the Strike tag which is now deprecated, as well as the simple S tag. The recommended solution is to use CSS commands instead.  You can look up, in Google, the details of what html tags are dropped as well as put on end-of-life notice (deprecated).  I doubt this will affect us any time soon, as take up by the software vendors is slow until a majority of users insist on the changes. </p><p>Martin </p>

I am a writing teacher, and I often receive short samples of writing

from my students for correction. Up to now, I've been copying their

e-mail messages to MS Word so that I can use features such as

strikethrough (ABC) and auto-numbered (not bulleted) lists in my corrections (as we have here in the forum posting windows).

Fortunately, text with MS Word strikethroughs and numbered lists copies and pastes back to a Pegasus message window just fine. However, it would be far more efficient to stay in Pegasus with these features available there - either as editing icons or as toggle key combinations, such as CTRL + B, CTRL + I, and CTRL + U, all three of which work very well in Pegasus and which I use frequently.

Also, it would be very convenient if the font colour selection icon remained the same colour (as it does in MS Word) until changed back to black (or whatever).

Thanks very much,

Dave

<p>I am a writing teacher, and I often receive short samples of writing from my students for correction. Up to now, I've been copying their e-mail messages to MS Word so that I can use features such as strikethrough <strike>(ABC)</strike> and auto-numbered (not bulleted) lists in my corrections (as we have here in the forum posting windows). </p><p>Fortunately, text with MS Word strikethroughs and numbered lists copies and pastes back to a Pegasus message window just fine. However, it would be far more efficient to stay in Pegasus with these features available there - either as editing icons or as toggle key combinations, such as CTRL + B, CTRL + I, and CTRL + U, all three of which work very well in Pegasus and which I use frequently.</p><p>Also, it would be very convenient if the font colour selection icon remained the same colour (as it does in MS Word) until changed back to black (or whatever).</p><p>Thanks very much,</p><p>Dave </p>

Have you tried using <strike> some text >/strike>  and <ol><li>a line of text</li></ol>  Its a bit messy .....

Have you tried using <strike> some text >/strike>  and <ol><li>a line of text</li></ol>  Its a bit messy .....
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft