Community Discussions and Support
"Wrong login or password" error when getting email from Gmail

Hello Bruce,

Please see this link - I think your issue is to do with Google account security, and this KB article should help.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

I would start by making sure that the settings in Pegasus are correct for Google security.

Hope this helps

John.

<p>Hello Bruce,</p><p>Please see this link - I think your issue is to do with Google account security, and this KB article should help.</p><p>https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en</p><p>I would start by making sure that the settings in Pegasus are correct for Google security.</p><p>Hope this helps</p><p>John. </p>

Suddenly I have got the "Host claims that either the username or password you have supplied is invalid" error when getting my mail from Gmail.  I haven't changed anything either in Pegasus or my Gmail password.  I checked that I know my Gmail password by logging in from a browser, then re-typed it into the two settings boxes in Pegasus (incoming and outgoing) but still not working.  thanks, Bruce

Suddenly I have got the "Host claims that either the username or password you have supplied is invalid" error when getting my mail from Gmail.  I haven't changed anything either in Pegasus or my Gmail password.  I checked that I know my Gmail password by logging in from a browser, then re-typed it into the two settings boxes in Pegasus (incoming and outgoing) but still not working.  thanks, Bruce

You mention Pegasus Mail and Gmail which makes me wonder if this post was intended for the Pegasus Mail Community Support forum instead of the Mercury support forum.  Please clarify if I misunderstand otherwise I suggest a repost in the Pegasus forum.

You mention Pegasus Mail and Gmail which makes me wonder if this post was intended for the Pegasus Mail Community Support forum instead of the Mercury support forum.  Please clarify if I misunderstand otherwise I suggest a repost in the Pegasus forum.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft