Community Discussions and Support
What are TFRA???.TMP files in C:\WINDOWS\TEMP?

We don't have such TFRA files on our machines in Windows\Temp, neither on W10 Client machines nor on the Windows Server.

Edit:

When searching for TFRA*.tmp in the Internet, different pages describing desinfection procedures from spyware or trojan viruses will be found. [:|]

<p>We don't have such TFRA files on our machines in Windows\Temp, neither on W10 Client machines nor on the Windows Server.</p><p> Edit:</p><p>When searching for TFRA*.tmp in the Internet, different pages describing desinfection procedures from spyware or trojan viruses will be found. [:|] </p>

I am trying to figure out the source of files named TFRA???.TMP written to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.  I can open them in Notepad and they contain the body of incoming email messages (no headers).  Does anyone know what creates these files?

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP is not the system temp or tmp directory.

Mercury runs on a dedicated PC with ClamAV and POPFile.  

I can not find C:\WINDOWS\TEMP configured as a path in Mercury or POPFile (also searched mercury.ini).

Occasionally the AV product on this machine (Vipre) will quarantine one of them (scheduled scanning only).

<p>I am trying to figure out the source of files named TFRA???.TMP written to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP.  I can open them in Notepad and they contain the body of incoming email messages (no headers).  Does anyone know what creates these files?</p><p>C:\WINDOWS\TEMP is not the system temp or tmp directory.</p><p>Mercury runs on a dedicated PC with ClamAV and POPFile.   </p><p>I can not find C:\WINDOWS\TEMP configured as a path in Mercury or POPFile (also searched mercury.ini).</p><p>Occasionally the AV product on this machine (Vipre) will quarantine one of them (scheduled scanning only). </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft