Community Discussions and Support
Is there a way to kill an IMAP connection?

There are updates to the server program and some of the files here: http://downloads.serieguide.se/HTTPserver_2016.zip

<p>There are updates to the server program and some of the files here: http://downloads.serieguide.se/HTTPserver_2016.zip</p><p> </p>

The MercuryI window shows an IMAP connection that seems stuck.  It was created by an iPhone but user says they have turned off that email account.  The lock MAILBOXM.LCK file is in place.

Is there a way to kill the connection from within Mercury?

<p>The MercuryI window shows an IMAP connection that seems stuck.  It was created by an iPhone but user says they have turned off that email account.  The lock MAILBOXM.LCK file is in place. </p><p>Is there a way to kill the connection from within Mercury? </p>

No, there is no button for this. I would ask the user, if he/she could switch off the network connection or simply go into airplane mode. I think the most devices simply stay connected... 

<p>No, there is no button for this. I would ask the user, if he/she could switch off the network connection or simply go into airplane mode. I think the most devices simply stay connected...<span style="font-size: 10pt;"> </span></p>

If devices stay connected do they periodically re-credential?  If so, removing a password from the user records should break it.  If not, how does one break it, say, at the end of employment?

Also, in the Mercury I window I see some users connecting repeatedly with very short breaks between connections while others connect once and stay connected.  AFAIK, all connections are being made with iPhones.  Does anyone know why this occurs?

<p>If devices stay connected do they periodically re-credential?  If so, removing a password from the user records should break it.  If not, how does one break it, say, at the end of employment?</p><p>Also, in the Mercury I window I see some users connecting repeatedly with very short breaks between connections while others connect once and stay connected.  AFAIK, all connections are being made with iPhones.  Does anyone know why this occurs? </p>

We experience the same, some clients (Thunderbird) are stay connected by IMAP as long as Thunderbird is opened, while when accessing by Roundcube only short IMAP connections will be established and directly disappear after the operation is done although Roundcube is still opened.

All IMAP connections can only be established from outside our LAN after colleagues are connected by SSL VPN via our firewall. And in our firewall I could simply force a logout of single VPN connections/user. This is the more secure way than offer Mercury to the internet where you have to fight so many unauthorized access attempts.

<p>We experience the same, some clients (Thunderbird) are stay connected by IMAP as long as Thunderbird is opened, while when accessing by Roundcube only short IMAP connections will be established and directly disappear after the operation is done although Roundcube is still opened.</p><p>All IMAP connections can only be established from outside our LAN after colleagues are connected by SSL VPN via our firewall. And in our firewall I could simply force a logout of single VPN connections/user. This is the more secure way than offer Mercury to the internet where you have to fight so many unauthorized access attempts. </p>

There is currently no way to remove a orphaned connection from MercuryI other than restarting Mercury. The Webtools package can be used to remove the lock file though (Mailbox tasks / Remove IMAP lock).

<p>There is currently no way to remove a orphaned connection from MercuryI other than restarting Mercury. The Webtools package can be used to remove the lock file though (Mailbox tasks / Remove IMAP lock).</p><p> </p>

Thanks Rolf.  I'm not familiar with your Web tools add-on.  I see where I downloaded it in 2011 but don't recall pursuing it so now is a good time for that.  I am VERY familiar with having to delete .LCK files though.

Thanks Rolf.  I'm not familiar with your Web tools add-on.  I see where I downloaded it in 2011 but don't recall pursuing it so now is a good time for that.  I am VERY familiar with having to delete .LCK files though.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft