Community Discussions and Support
Distibution List Problems

[quote user="PaulW"]You can also use the group address format

List description:;

This a list description followed by a colon, and an empty list terminated by a semi-colon.

(See rfc 2822 and subsequent) [/quote]

This just worked for me using a three recipient test dlist.

Thanks Paul!

[quote user="PaulW"]You can also use the group address format<p>List description:;</p><p>This a list description followed by a colon, and an empty list terminated by a semi-colon.</p><p>(See rfc 2822 and subsequent) [/quote]</p><p>This just worked for me using a three recipient test dlist. </p><p>Thanks Paul! </p>

Last week my distribution lists worked, this week they don't.

Running Win 10 Home (1909) Build 18363.752

Pegasus  4.73

I can send an email without issue using standard email, I can even put multiple addresses in the  "To:" field with out issue.

But even if I take 1 address and put it in a Distribution List and attempt to send it I get an error window and  Mail Delivery System email.

Odd thing is - MS Outlook, included with Office 365, can send Distribution List emails as does my ISP via their Webmail browser version.

(Addresses changed for anonymity)

Error:

14:23:12.555: >> 220 perfora.net (mreueus002) Nemesis ESMTP Service ready
14:23:12.555: << EHLO [192.168.1.34]
14:23:12.603: >> 250-perfora.net Hello [192.168.1.34] [73.172.66.228]
14:23:12.603: >> 250-8BITMIME
14:23:12.603: >> 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
14:23:12.603: >> 250 SIZE 69920427
14:23:12.609: << AUTH LOGIN
14:23:12.657: >> 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
14:23:12.657: << bWFpbGJveEBjZW50cmFjb3JwLmNvbQ==
14:23:12.705: >> 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
14:23:12.705: << c29maWEwNU1BSUxCT1hnMDg=
14:23:12.875: >> 235 Authentication succeeded
14:23:12.875: << MAIL FROM:<michael@123corp.com> SIZE=862
14:23:12.927: >> 250 Requested mail action okay, completed
14:23:12.927: << RCPT TO:<testaddress@test.com>
14:23:12.985: >> 250 OK
14:23:12.985: << DATA
14:23:13.028: >> 354 Start mail input; end with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
14:23:13.126: >> 554-Transaction failed
14:23:13.126: >> 554-Reject due to policy restrictions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mail Delivery System email:

Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following
reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail
relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:

554-Transaction failed

Your original mail message follows:
--------------------------------------------------------

X-PM-Identity: <Default>
To: TestMessage
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 14:58:16 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
Subject: test 20
Reply-to: michael@123corp.com
Message-ID: <5E94B648.11973.172366@michael.123corp.com>
Priority: normal
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (4.73.639)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Content-description: Mail message body

This is definitely a Windows issue (I think)

Any idea what is going on?

&lt;p&gt;Last week my distribution lists worked, this week they don&#039;t.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Running Win 10 Home (1909) Build 18363.752&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Pegasus&amp;nbsp; 4.73&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I can send an email without issue using standard email, I can even put multiple addresses in the&amp;nbsp; &quot;To:&quot; field with out issue.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But even if I take 1 address and put it in a Distribution List and attempt to send it I get an error window and&amp;nbsp; Mail Delivery System email.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Odd thing is - MS Outlook, included with Office 365, can send Distribution List emails as does my ISP via their Webmail browser version. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;(Addresses changed for anonymity) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Error:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;14:23:12.555: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 220 perfora.net (mreueus002) Nemesis ESMTP Service ready 14:23:12.555: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; EHLO [192.168.1.34] 14:23:12.603: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 250-perfora.net Hello [192.168.1.34] [73.172.66.228] 14:23:12.603: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 250-8BITMIME 14:23:12.603: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN 14:23:12.603: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 250 SIZE 69920427 14:23:12.609: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; AUTH LOGIN 14:23:12.657: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6 14:23:12.657: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; bWFpbGJveEBjZW50cmFjb3JwLmNvbQ== 14:23:12.705: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6 14:23:12.705: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; c29maWEwNU1BSUxCT1hnMDg= 14:23:12.875: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 235 Authentication succeeded 14:23:12.875: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; MAIL FROM:&amp;lt;michael@123corp.com&amp;gt; SIZE=862 14:23:12.927: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 250 Requested mail action okay, completed 14:23:12.927: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; RCPT TO:&amp;lt;testaddress@test.com&amp;gt; 14:23:12.985: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 250 OK 14:23:12.985: &amp;lt;&amp;lt; DATA 14:23:13.028: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 354 Start mail input; end with &amp;lt;CRLF&amp;gt;.&amp;lt;CRLF&amp;gt; 14:23:13.126: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 554-Transaction failed 14:23:13.126: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 554-Reject due to policy restrictions.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Mail Delivery System email:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 554-Transaction failed Your original mail message follows: -------------------------------------------------------- X-PM-Identity: &amp;lt;Default&amp;gt; From: &quot;Centra Machinery&quot; &amp;lt;michael@123corp.com&amp;gt; To: TestMessage Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 14:58:16 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: test 20 Reply-to: michael@123corp.com Message-ID: &amp;lt;5E94B648.11973.172366@michael.123corp.com&amp;gt; Priority: normal X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (4.73.639) Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT Content-description: Mail message body &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;This is definitely a Windows issue (I think) &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;Any idea what is going on? &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Michael D"]14:23:13.126: >> 554-Reject due to policy restrictions.[/quote]

If you can't find out on their website you'll have to ask your provider about these restrictions, I'm afraid ...

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Michael D&quot;]14:23:13.126: &amp;gt;&amp;gt; 554-Reject due to &lt;b&gt;policy restrictions.&lt;/b&gt;[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If you can&#039;t find out on their website you&#039;ll have to ask your provider about these restrictions, I&#039;m afraid ... &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Hi Michael,

Currently we are experiencing also an increased number of that Error "554 Transaction failed". Please refer to this thread

&lt;p&gt;Hi Michael,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Currently we are experiencing also an increased number of that Error &quot;554 Transaction failed&quot;. Please refer to this &lt;a mce_href=&quot;/forums/thread/52309.aspx&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; href=&quot;/forums/thread/52309.aspx&quot;&gt;thread&lt;/a&gt; &lt;/p&gt;

I talked with the ISP and they convinced me that this wasn't them, it was on my end.  By getting outlook to send the distribution list without a problem using the same exact SMTP settings.  It's not them.   I would use Outlook for this purpose, but they have no way to import 150 emails into their contact lists without setting up each individual contact.   With Pegasus, I can just cut and paste a large chunk of addresses into a distribution list.

I talked with the ISP and they convinced me that this wasn&#039;t them, it was on my end.&amp;nbsp; By getting outlook to send the distribution list without a problem using the same exact SMTP settings.&amp;nbsp; It&#039;s not them.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; I would use Outlook for this purpose, but they have no way to import 150 emails into their contact lists without setting up each individual contact.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; With Pegasus, I can just cut and paste a large chunk of addresses into a distribution list.

[quote user="Michael D"]I talked with the ISP and they convinced me that this wasn't them, it was on my end.  By getting outlook to send the distribution list without a problem using the same exact SMTP settings.  It's not them.   I would use Outlook for this purpose, but they have no way to import 150 emails into their contact lists without setting up each individual contact.   With Pegasus, I can just cut and paste a large chunk of addresses into a distribution list. [/quote]

[Rant Begin] I'm sorry to say, but this is no answer, don't let them go with "it's you" when it's not! This is just they don't know what changed with their policy, i.e. they simply don't know what they are doing. I'm sorry for emphasizing so much, but I'm so fed up with these answers which simply mean they don't know what they are doing because I'm getting these answers in so many places these days (and not only related to IT stuff) that I really can't stand this incompetence all over the place anymore. People don't read anymore what you write, peoply don't hear anmore what you say, peoply don't watch anmore what you do and so on. [Rant End]

But back to your topic: There must have something changed in their message handling between the dates you mentioned, so you should ask them what they did within this time interval regarding their handling of incoming messages, is it due to the message headers, the message contents, the number of recipients or the authentication/certification/validation? They must have someone who knows about the technical details of this who can explain.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Michael D&quot;]I talked with the ISP and they convinced me that this wasn&#039;t them, it was on my end.&amp;nbsp; By getting outlook to send the distribution list without a problem using the same exact SMTP settings.&amp;nbsp; It&#039;s not them.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; I would use Outlook for this purpose, but they have no way to import 150 emails into their contact lists without setting up each individual contact.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; With Pegasus, I can just cut and paste a large chunk of addresses into a distribution list. [/quote]&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;[Rant Begin]&amp;nbsp;I&#039;m sorry to say, but this is &lt;b&gt;no&lt;/b&gt; answer, don&#039;t let them go with &quot;it&#039;s &lt;b&gt;you&lt;/b&gt;&quot; when it&#039;s &lt;b&gt;not&lt;/b&gt;! This is just &lt;b&gt;they&lt;/b&gt; don&#039;t know what changed with &lt;b&gt;their&lt;/b&gt; policy, i.e. they simply don&#039;t know what &lt;b&gt;they&lt;/b&gt; are doing. I&#039;m sorry for emphasizing so much, but I&#039;m so fed up with these answers which simply mean they don&#039;t know what they are doing because I&#039;m getting these answers in so many places these days (and not only related to IT stuff) that I really can&#039;t stand this incompetence all over the place anymore. People don&#039;t read anymore what you write, peoply don&#039;t hear anmore what you say, peoply don&#039;t watch anmore what you do and so on.&amp;nbsp;[Rant End] &lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt;But back to your topic: There must have something changed in their message handling between the dates you mentioned, so you should ask them what they did within this time interval regarding their handling of incoming messages, is it due to the message headers, the message contents, the number of recipients or the authentication/certification/validation? They must have someone who knows about the technical details of this who can explain. &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="Joerg"]Currently we are experiencing also an increased number of that Error "554 Transaction failed". Please refer to this thread [/quote]

I've seen this thread, Joerg, but I didn't understand what you did there, this was pretty confusing since you posted a mix of message tracking from various sources. The only thing that popped into my eye was a missing or invalid message ID? Wasn't this exactly your issue, a Webcam sending messages without message ID?

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Joerg&quot;]Currently we are experiencing also an increased number of that Error &quot;554 Transaction failed&quot;. Please refer to this &lt;a mce_href=&quot;/forums/thread/52309.aspx&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; href=&quot;/forums/thread/52309.aspx&quot;&gt;thread&lt;/a&gt; [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#039;ve seen this thread, Joerg, but I didn&#039;t understand what &lt;b&gt;you&lt;/b&gt; did there, this was pretty confusing since you posted a mix of message tracking from various sources. The only thing that popped into my eye was a missing or invalid message ID? Wasn&#039;t this exactly your issue, a Webcam sending messages without message ID? &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Not that I believe the CSR was any type of expert, but he told me that they have changed nothing and my account had no notes regarding any type of violations or spam issues.  He made the suggestion to try Outlook and Outlook worked with no issues. 

How do you explain Outlook working and Pegasus not working?  If it was the ISP blocking the emails, then why wouldn't it block the Outlook versions?  

I have set up a Distribution List with a single address in it - it won't go from Pegasus.  The error box pops up the second the send button is pushed.  

Link to image of error since I can't get pix to post:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws4icp4omml6pe4/Clip_3.jpg

&lt;p&gt;Not that I believe the CSR was any type of expert, but he told me that they have changed nothing and my account had no notes regarding any type of violations or spam issues.&amp;nbsp; He made the suggestion to try Outlook and Outlook worked with no issues.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;How do you explain Outlook working and Pegasus not working?&amp;nbsp; If it was the ISP blocking the emails, then why wouldn&#039;t it block the Outlook versions? &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I have set up a Distribution List with a single address in it - it won&#039;t go from Pegasus.&amp;nbsp; The error box pops up the second the send button is pushed. &amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Link to image of error since I can&#039;t get pix to post:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws4icp4omml6pe4/Clip_3.jpg &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="idw"]I've seen this thread, Joerg, but I didn't understand what you did there, this was pretty confusing since you posted a mix of message tracking from various sources. The only thing that popped into my eye was a missing or invalid message ID? Wasn't this exactly your issue, a Webcam sending messages without message ID?[/quote]

We normally never take care of message IDs, exactly formatted headers, etc.. We can only install and adjust the programs and have to hope, that the programmers have observed all RFC requirements and other rules. Our IP cam is working now since years without problems. Alert photographs will be attached to an email, submitted to Mercury SMTP Server and forwarded by Mercury SMTP Client to the mail provider. And suddenly, since beginning of April, IONOS (ex. 1&1) does not longer accept these mails [:O].

And also the same behaviour from the ISP support staff - they always blame you and are not willing to check their own logs for a possible reason. The first answer was, that supposedly any required e-mail headers were missing, but they didn't. Except "sender:", all headers are available.

Only on my second contact try they told me, that from 1 April, all submitted mails have strictly to comply to RFC 5321 and 5322. That's why I firstly posted the ISP mail reply, containing the error message, and secondly the original IP cam mail, in hope anybody could check whether something is not in compliance with RFC.

Now I've got only the information of an invalid message ID. What should I do with this info? Was this wrong message ID added by the IP cam when composing the e-mail? Or has Mercury changed the ID when forwarding it to ISP? We are not programmers, we could only write mails and click to "Send" [:D]. Unfortunately there is also no newer firmware available for this cam. So, the only way is to purchase a new IP Cam in hope that it would work.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;idw&quot;]I&#039;ve seen this thread, Joerg, but I didn&#039;t understand what &lt;b&gt;you&lt;/b&gt; did there, this was pretty confusing since you posted a mix of message tracking from various sources. The only thing that popped into my eye was a missing or invalid message ID? Wasn&#039;t this exactly your issue, a Webcam sending messages without message ID?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;We normally never take care of message IDs, exactly formatted headers, etc.. We can only install and adjust the programs and have to hope, that the programmers have observed all RFC requirements and other rules. Our IP cam is working now since years without problems. Alert photographs will be attached to an email, submitted to Mercury SMTP Server and forwarded by Mercury SMTP Client to the mail provider. And suddenly, since beginning of April, IONOS (ex. 1&amp;amp;1) does not longer accept these mails [:O]. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;And also the same behaviour from the ISP support staff - they always blame you and are not willing to check their own logs for a possible reason. The first answer was, that supposedly any required e-mail headers were missing, but they didn&#039;t. Except &quot;sender:&quot;, all headers are available. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Only on my second contact try they told me, that from 1 April, all submitted mails have strictly to comply to RFC 5321 and 5322. That&#039;s why I firstly posted the ISP mail reply, containing the error message, and secondly the original IP cam mail, in hope anybody could check whether something is not in compliance with RFC.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Now I&#039;ve got only the information of an invalid message ID. What should I do with this info? Was this wrong message ID added by the IP cam when composing the e-mail? Or has Mercury changed the ID when forwarding it to ISP? We are not programmers, we could only write mails and click to &quot;Send&quot; [:D]. Unfortunately there is also no newer firmware available for this cam. So, the only way is to purchase a new IP Cam in hope that it would work. &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Michael D"]How do you explain Outlook working and Pegasus not working?  If it was the ISP blocking the emails, then why wouldn't it block the Outlook versions? [/quote]

I can only repeat myself: The log you posted in your very first post contains the information of interest as I extracted it, it provides the error code and the reason for the message rejection, so if they say they didn't change anything and you didn't change anything either please tell me who's wrong? Did you provide this guy these details? And did he continue saying they didn't change anything? If so this is my last reply to this thread since I can't do anything else for you, I'm sorry. Someone must be wrong, and I don't think it's you unless you changed anything with regard to Windows, Pegasus Mail or some malware, virus or other protection software directly interfering with your email, but the headers of the rejected message you posted don't show anything like this.

Maybe there's one thing you could do: Provide us with the message headers of a message sent to yourself via Outlook and received by Pegasus Mail so we can compare.

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Michael D&quot;]How do you explain Outlook working and Pegasus not working?&amp;nbsp; If it was the ISP blocking the emails, then why wouldn&#039;t it block the Outlook versions? [/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I can only repeat myself: The log you posted in your very first post contains the information of interest as I extracted it, it provides the error code and the reason for the message rejection, so if they say they didn&#039;t change anything and you didn&#039;t change anything either please tell me who&#039;s wrong? Did you provide this guy these details? And did he continue saying they didn&#039;t change anything? If so this is my last reply to this thread since I can&#039;t do anything else for you, I&#039;m sorry. Someone must be wrong, and I don&#039;t think it&#039;s you unless you changed anything with regard to Windows, Pegasus Mail or some malware, virus or other protection software directly interfering with your email, but the headers of the rejected message you posted don&#039;t show anything like this.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Maybe there&#039;s one thing you could do: Provide us with the message headers of a message sent to yourself via Outlook and received by Pegasus Mail so we can compare. &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="Joerg"]What should I do with this info? Was this wrong message ID added by the IP cam when composing the e-mail? Or has Mercury changed the ID when forwarding it to ISP?[/quote]

Firstly you can be sure that David Harris obeys to RFCs as close as he can unless you're not using the most recent version of Mercury (and AFAIK he's more up-to-date with Mercury than with Pegasus Mail). Secondly, doesn't Mercury provide log files? There should be a way to figure out what it exactly does when forwarding messages, and if it just "bounces" those messages ther might be an issue if the message ID doesn't match the sending domain. In such cases Mercury should provide a new message ID matching its own domain. And yes, the "Internet of Things" is a pretty large "construction site" without proper regulation and lots of security issues ...

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Joerg&quot;]What should I do with this info? Was this wrong message ID added by the IP cam when composing the e-mail? Or has Mercury changed the ID when forwarding it to ISP?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Firstly you can be sure that David Harris obeys to RFCs as close as he can unless you&#039;re not using the most recent version of Mercury (and AFAIK he&#039;s more up-to-date with Mercury than with Pegasus Mail). Secondly, doesn&#039;t Mercury provide log files? There should be a way to figure out what it exactly does when forwarding messages, and if it just &quot;bounces&quot; those messages ther might be an issue if the message ID doesn&#039;t match the sending domain. In such cases Mercury should provide a new message ID matching its own domain. And yes, the &quot;Internet of Things&quot; is a pretty large &quot;construction site&quot; without proper regulation and lots of security issues ... &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Email sent from Outlook:

Delivered-To: testaddress@gmail.com

Received: by 2002:a67:a02:0:0:0:0:0 with SMTP id 2csp2673637vsk;

Mon, 13 Apr 2020 10:47:06 -0700 (PDT)

X-Google-Smtp-Source: APiQypLnGuSbpuBa3zAM2rdNyPZJbgjWHCV6LLR/7ad95KumcwzIJa9Ou6SCPPg2w3yLHIdRqcgL

X-Received: by 2002:a02:c998:: with SMTP id b24mr2995508jap.23.1586800026495;

ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1586800026; cv=none;

d=google.com; s=arc-20160816;

b=c3BTCS0eesSO0rp6CEeH4QqER9o0K1VKI8B1C1tNTbaKF1MepXzZZDa+BphaMBFP0k

VXF0IUhl1JMx+cZHvkVIqnkWqhUwBLdkDoOZSa89/gKCkXY4sX2C/zZAMs3xbC7eu2KE

EBGnCgkLaDjZ9wMz2SgoicqxwhNi4S9wFZnqd15WR/6e4galdK5nEx8iA4ynAPQIHZzT

L6iV9Bmkt8zF1OCF6ymf4dVB2ZgtzGMPfvMLxGUYpc8jHeN7MhEkaQ8J470r/qexxROl

Dujxa/PD+vTbgcnZfOM9+3px38oD5Damf7tjWduW32+UIBhUiAnmb2RTJxX9sN4TL+zV

HQeg==

ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816;

h=content-language:thread-index:mime-version:message-id:date:subject

:to:from:reply-to;

bh=Ua1oSw/2osOklRdTf95m9Ifc5ZQoSHgg+oCq6w39POw=;

b=dWFT05Ro8OljxF6ektXwjAyHx1xJxNMbU7n+/xmokPqlNjr79cE3KRCvDS91uG+x97

hpTlFCThDtt1kZS9iH6ocbYz6dCylsQLLfXumybdau34wgOtHODktMB3LmQjGCZoBrwg

wM2ycuCyJNTmMAgP6PjoeS+xRVGi1M/b55nrUX5S0cBEsM3ZM8axUnUEmOkDaaRB8PpI

0WS3LRvwpSVrgbEqBeuRMh6WULzv1VzgEm9fhFuSD1Bk3C1HJruAztySwk1AVuhuGnV5

+42iNsSKXmcJOKccsADFjs/ZW250x4qNN0AH0EoFpqNHMH/E2OXg56NRtLkuTMRndzHz

pqwQ==

ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;

spf=neutral (google.com: 74.208.4.197 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of sentfrom@abccorp.com) smtp.mailfrom=sentfrom@abccorp.com

Return-Path: <m.diblasi@centracorp.com>

Received: from mout.perfora.net (mout.perfora.net. [74.208.4.197])

by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id h203si8981572ioa.72.2020.04.13.10.47.06

(version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);

Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 74.208.4.197 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of sentfrom@abccorp.com) client-ip=74.208.4.197;

Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;

spf=neutral (google.com: 74.208.4.197 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of sentfrom@abccorp.com) smtp.mailfrom=sentfrom@abccorp.com

Received: from ComputerName2020 ([73.172.66.228]) by mrelay.perfora.net (mreueus004 [74.208.5.2]) with ESMTPSA (Nemesis) id 1MfHtf-1inMlm35RL-00glor; Mon, 13 Apr 2020 19:47:05 +0200

Reply-To: <sentfrom@abccorp.com>

To: Mike1 <testaddress@gmail.com>, Mike2 <testaddress2@gmail.com>, Mike3 <testaddress3@gmail.com>, Mike4 <testaddress4@gmail.com>

Subject: Test #7

Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:47:04 -0400

Message-ID: <000001d611bb$8bf6eb60$a3e4c220$@centracorp.com>

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6119A.04E59980"

X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 16.0

Thread-Index: AdYRu4eJ41COQzlIQzWM/RmUmEb74A==

Content-Language: en-us

X-Provags-ID: V03:K1:9ndftkgliNk0BNQybsWKMfpeERcvC3pnGROMOOpOuMQZ+6P801w 7rn9s8FV2MYcAnu+wz/98/jt9rPDYrW0UAH4kIlefvNSxmHHycwOWOzQPekiLnhWmen7AsO /Eow2fL/2AuqXEm9xE8l3ayvx/5F10qQxIyznKhvmJv074hX4DvhBV5NGiGmfKQ5snjC1cA JnwnvC82VB3FCSsb72q0A==

X-Spam-Flag: NO

X-UI-Out-Filterresults: notjunk:1;V03:K0:mzM+wCo+drE=:bVDCi+vyD+b9JH0m604i28 OXc3h/hGIXi3yF8xS8Ybaw4oHSNtXkvMnZG2rPja8OqRHR+MfuLrlDEeLwXPw4OjA4DWax9nv 4tCV7mHBTO8NTtkYheFoSpXqgJzG38kk+Z6Qt87sHpbUJDTo6JFlidFAjRYPiHGuyqb5Ci+kD bh0wZJz2WI4K13NjS3ybmxaxwnVmLG6r4/FOkQCz0F9lZvVEQrZQZiM/Eec8UtJNyIxGSmGh8 bUoESEBUrrhaRiabLTaojrtYKzphCUgJte8B8cXe/1XRZqD16AXH5f3za2k4fadSNzCpw7wVU qsPbQTRHzFXCtCvCsZf0fNYSJ/TKgEdpQdPOWBRlwqVeAVoISfJ/dvIagUr4ijxXvu6zEqhKI uE3UoM7nPdpAOaL67wvKB9JqUJrJOslKnYbex/nj+qWFzWd3UL53YhfFkytgEUoO/yEIa0v02 AGL+Mi2ARmVKT2wxs7mjBxsX/Tg8eSRhsAXgljnX+A7Ut2HnodJ6MMOm5New+2FoakDNpglbT dPi56/BShjwaEojymUvD4Nzk4iCYCQhNg07gq5OfAHOE+kL2OkYZkaOif384KM4Chz74TsLl/ 7HU7JZ2bXyMyZxhfsZsimNzUCw0Yi7eUgL3AD6S3JXH2aBYaVWk/U3MSgCEDn6SbAQ+ZGNDa7 zW3iJlFoeH8L1Gq2wGp8npnsdl5OwBvu4WhTveIbT51xHscCyRq65P0KTrRw82TCzVRMuYEOA oDLEXngyTpMdQ8nFA77RmGDsHSo5Cz1dGunWDWiBq8w9ZQSALfbt4141UaexpCIxJRe2ZOzqs zUSUAgLD3TefIMgUV2+5/2/ULV8E+oVK1fjqAA6WCzS2PS46RPo1cKQB3rJ3wHo7nlQXSY/TA dkIKJOdzX/R1iCKYvAmQVJApHUECsayIIGDmsJ8tVEpEw2y7hxeeHB+G7wzNdc+fReF80wlEy faQ3kImADEYEnISK6iXU7M0D4/O9DtWE=

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6119A.04E59980

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Test # 7

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6119A.04E59980

Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micr=

osoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =

xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:=

//www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=

=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Micros=

oft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--

/* Font Definitions */

@font-face

=09{font-family:"Cambria Math";

=09panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}

@font-face

=09{font-family:Calibri;

=09panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}

/* Style Definitions */

p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal

=09{margin:0in;

=09margin-bottom:.0001pt;

=09font-size:11.0pt;

=09font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}

span.EmailStyle17

=09{mso-style-type:personal-compose;

=09font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;

=09color:windowtext;}

.MsoChpDefault

=09{mso-style-type:export-only;

=09font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}

@page WordSection1

=09{size:8.5in 11.0in;

=09margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}

div.WordSection1

=09{page:WordSection1;}

--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>

<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />

</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>

<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">

<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />

</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3D"#0563C1=

" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nb=

sp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal=

>Test # 7<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6119A.04E59980--

&lt;p&gt;Email sent from Outlook:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;pre class=&quot;raw_message_text&quot; id=&quot;raw_message_text&quot;&gt;Delivered-To: testaddress@gmail.com Received: by 2002:a67:a02:0:0:0:0:0 with SMTP id 2csp2673637vsk; Mon, 13 Apr 2020 10:47:06 -0700 (PDT) X-Google-Smtp-Source: APiQypLnGuSbpuBa3zAM2rdNyPZJbgjWHCV6LLR/7ad95KumcwzIJa9Ou6SCPPg2w3yLHIdRqcgL X-Received: by 2002:a02:c998:: with SMTP id b24mr2995508jap.23.1586800026495; Mon, 13 Apr 2020 10:47:06 -0700 (PDT) ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1586800026; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=c3BTCS0eesSO0rp6CEeH4QqER9o0K1VKI8B1C1tNTbaKF1MepXzZZDa+BphaMBFP0k VXF0IUhl1JMx+cZHvkVIqnkWqhUwBLdkDoOZSa89/gKCkXY4sX2C/zZAMs3xbC7eu2KE EBGnCgkLaDjZ9wMz2SgoicqxwhNi4S9wFZnqd15WR/6e4galdK5nEx8iA4ynAPQIHZzT L6iV9Bmkt8zF1OCF6ymf4dVB2ZgtzGMPfvMLxGUYpc8jHeN7MhEkaQ8J470r/qexxROl Dujxa/PD+vTbgcnZfOM9+3px38oD5Damf7tjWduW32+UIBhUiAnmb2RTJxX9sN4TL+zV HQeg== ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=content-language:thread-index:mime-version:message-id:date:subject :to:from:reply-to; bh=Ua1oSw/2osOklRdTf95m9Ifc5ZQoSHgg+oCq6w39POw=; b=dWFT05Ro8OljxF6ektXwjAyHx1xJxNMbU7n+/xmokPqlNjr79cE3KRCvDS91uG+x97 hpTlFCThDtt1kZS9iH6ocbYz6dCylsQLLfXumybdau34wgOtHODktMB3LmQjGCZoBrwg wM2ycuCyJNTmMAgP6PjoeS+xRVGi1M/b55nrUX5S0cBEsM3ZM8axUnUEmOkDaaRB8PpI 0WS3LRvwpSVrgbEqBeuRMh6WULzv1VzgEm9fhFuSD1Bk3C1HJruAztySwk1AVuhuGnV5 +42iNsSKXmcJOKccsADFjs/ZW250x4qNN0AH0EoFpqNHMH/E2OXg56NRtLkuTMRndzHz pqwQ== ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 74.208.4.197 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of sentfrom@abccorp.com) smtp.mailfrom=sentfrom@abccorp.com Return-Path: &amp;lt;m.diblasi@centracorp.com&amp;gt; Received: from mout.perfora.net (mout.perfora.net. [74.208.4.197]) by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id h203si8981572ioa.72.2020.04.13.10.47.06 (version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128); Mon, 13 Apr 2020 10:47:06 -0700 (PDT) Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 74.208.4.197 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of sentfrom@abccorp.com) client-ip=74.208.4.197; Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 74.208.4.197 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of sentfrom@abccorp.com) smtp.mailfrom=sentfrom@abccorp.com Received: from ComputerName2020 ([73.172.66.228]) by mrelay.perfora.net (mreueus004 [74.208.5.2]) with ESMTPSA (Nemesis) id 1MfHtf-1inMlm35RL-00glor; Mon, 13 Apr 2020 19:47:05 +0200 Reply-To: &amp;lt;sentfrom@abccorp.com&amp;gt; From: &amp;lt;sentfrom@abccorp.com&amp;gt; To: Mike1 &amp;lt;testaddress@gmail.com&amp;gt;, Mike2 &amp;lt;testaddress2@gmail.com&amp;gt;, Mike3 &amp;lt;testaddress3@gmail.com&amp;gt;, Mike4 &amp;lt;testaddress4@gmail.com&amp;gt; Subject: Test #7 Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:47:04 -0400 Message-ID: &amp;lt;000001d611bb$8bf6eb60$a3e4c220$@centracorp.com&amp;gt; MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=&quot;----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6119A.04E59980&quot; X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 16.0 Thread-Index: AdYRu4eJ41COQzlIQzWM/RmUmEb74A== Content-Language: en-us X-Provags-ID: V03:K1:9ndftkgliNk0BNQybsWKMfpeERcvC3pnGROMOOpOuMQZ+6P801w 7rn9s8FV2MYcAnu+wz/98/jt9rPDYrW0UAH4kIlefvNSxmHHycwOWOzQPekiLnhWmen7AsO /Eow2fL/2AuqXEm9xE8l3ayvx/5F10qQxIyznKhvmJv074hX4DvhBV5NGiGmfKQ5snjC1cA JnwnvC82VB3FCSsb72q0A== X-Spam-Flag: NO X-UI-Out-Filterresults: notjunk:1;V03:K0:mzM+wCo+drE=:bVDCi+vyD+b9JH0m604i28 OXc3h/hGIXi3yF8xS8Ybaw4oHSNtXkvMnZG2rPja8OqRHR+MfuLrlDEeLwXPw4OjA4DWax9nv 4tCV7mHBTO8NTtkYheFoSpXqgJzG38kk+Z6Qt87sHpbUJDTo6JFlidFAjRYPiHGuyqb5Ci+kD bh0wZJz2WI4K13NjS3ybmxaxwnVmLG6r4/FOkQCz0F9lZvVEQrZQZiM/Eec8UtJNyIxGSmGh8 bUoESEBUrrhaRiabLTaojrtYKzphCUgJte8B8cXe/1XRZqD16AXH5f3za2k4fadSNzCpw7wVU qsPbQTRHzFXCtCvCsZf0fNYSJ/TKgEdpQdPOWBRlwqVeAVoISfJ/dvIagUr4ijxXvu6zEqhKI uE3UoM7nPdpAOaL67wvKB9JqUJrJOslKnYbex/nj+qWFzWd3UL53YhfFkytgEUoO/yEIa0v02 AGL+Mi2ARmVKT2wxs7mjBxsX/Tg8eSRhsAXgljnX+A7Ut2HnodJ6MMOm5New+2FoakDNpglbT dPi56/BShjwaEojymUvD4Nzk4iCYCQhNg07gq5OfAHOE+kL2OkYZkaOif384KM4Chz74TsLl/ 7HU7JZ2bXyMyZxhfsZsimNzUCw0Yi7eUgL3AD6S3JXH2aBYaVWk/U3MSgCEDn6SbAQ+ZGNDa7 zW3iJlFoeH8L1Gq2wGp8npnsdl5OwBvu4WhTveIbT51xHscCyRq65P0KTrRw82TCzVRMuYEOA oDLEXngyTpMdQ8nFA77RmGDsHSo5Cz1dGunWDWiBq8w9ZQSALfbt4141UaexpCIxJRe2ZOzqs zUSUAgLD3TefIMgUV2+5/2/ULV8E+oVK1fjqAA6WCzS2PS46RPo1cKQB3rJ3wHo7nlQXSY/TA dkIKJOdzX/R1iCKYvAmQVJApHUECsayIIGDmsJ8tVEpEw2y7hxeeHB+G7wzNdc+fReF80wlEy faQ3kImADEYEnISK6iXU7M0D4/O9DtWE= ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6119A.04E59980 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=&quot;us-ascii&quot; Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Test # 7 ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6119A.04E59980 Content-Type: text/html; charset=&quot;us-ascii&quot; Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable &amp;lt;html xmlns:v=3D&quot;urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml&quot; xmlns:o=3D&quot;urn:schemas-micr= osoft-com:office:office&quot; xmlns:w=3D&quot;urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word&quot; = xmlns:m=3D&quot;http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml&quot; xmlns=3D&quot;http:= //www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40&quot;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;head&amp;gt;&amp;lt;META HTTP-EQUIV=3D&quot;Content-Type&quot; CONTENT= =3D&quot;text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii&quot;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;meta name=3DGenerator content=3D&quot;Micros= oft Word 15 (filtered medium)&quot;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;style&amp;gt;&amp;lt;!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face =09{font-family:&quot;Cambria Math&quot;; =09panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} @font-face =09{font-family:Calibri; =09panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal =09{margin:0in; =09margin-bottom:.0001pt; =09font-size:11.0pt; =09font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;} span.EmailStyle17 =09{mso-style-type:personal-compose; =09font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif; =09color:windowtext;} .MsoChpDefault =09{mso-style-type:export-only; =09font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,sans-serif;} @page WordSection1 =09{size:8.5in 11.0in; =09margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.WordSection1 =09{page:WordSection1;} --&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/style&amp;gt;&amp;lt;!--[if gte mso 9]&amp;gt;&amp;lt;xml&amp;gt; &amp;lt;o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D&quot;edit&quot; spidmax=3D&quot;1026&quot; /&amp;gt; &amp;lt;/xml&amp;gt;&amp;lt;![endif]--&amp;gt;&amp;lt;!--[if gte mso 9]&amp;gt;&amp;lt;xml&amp;gt; &amp;lt;o:shapelayout v:ext=3D&quot;edit&quot;&amp;gt; &amp;lt;o:idmap v:ext=3D&quot;edit&quot; data=3D&quot;1&quot; /&amp;gt; &amp;lt;/o:shapelayout&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/xml&amp;gt;&amp;lt;![endif]--&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/head&amp;gt;&amp;lt;body lang=3DEN-US link=3D&quot;#0563C1= &quot; vlink=3D&quot;#954F72&quot;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;div class=3DWordSection1&amp;gt;&amp;lt;p class=3DMsoNormal&amp;gt;&amp;lt;o:p&amp;gt;&amp;amp;nb= sp;&amp;lt;/o:p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;p class=3DMsoNormal&amp;gt;&amp;lt;o:p&amp;gt;&amp;amp;nbsp;&amp;lt;/o:p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;p class=3DMsoNormal= &amp;gt;Test # 7&amp;lt;o:p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/o:p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/body&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/html&amp;gt; ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D6119A.04E59980--&lt;/pre&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Delivery Failure message from Pegasus:

To: Self
Subject: Mail Delivery Failure.
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:40:18 -0400
X-PMFLAGS: 16512 0 65537 G7HEEX06.CNM                       

Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following
reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail
relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:

554-Transaction failed

Your original mail message follows:
--------------------------------------------------------

X-PM-Identity: <Default>
To: Test Message
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:40:04 -0400
Subject: Test #6
Reply-to: testaddress@abccorp.com
Message-ID: <5E94A3F4.31427.250597EA@testaddress.abccorp.com>
Priority: normal
X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (4.73.639)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT
Content-description: Mail message body

Test#6

&lt;p&gt;Delivery Failure message from Pegasus: &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;From: Mail Delivery System &amp;lt;&amp;gt; To: Self Subject: Mail Delivery Failure. Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:40:18 -0400 X-PMFLAGS: 16512 0 65537 G7HEEX06.CNM&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module: &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; 554-Transaction failed Your original mail message follows: -------------------------------------------------------- X-PM-Identity: &amp;lt;Default&amp;gt; From: &quot;ABC Corp&quot; &amp;lt;testaddress@abccorp.com&amp;gt; To: Test Message Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 13:40:04 -0400 MIME-Version: 1.0 Subject: Test #6 Reply-to: testaddress@abccorp.com Message-ID: &amp;lt;5E94A3F4.31427.250597EA@testaddress.abccorp.com&amp;gt; Priority: normal X-mailer: Pegasus Mail for Windows (4.73.639) Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT Content-description: Mail message body Test#6 &lt;/p&gt;

May have just figured it out -

In the Distribution List Settings

Under the List Addressing Settings

To: Field:

I had always put a description here, such as "Customers"  - I did this because if you leave it blank, it puts in the address of every other person on that distribution list.

I just tried it with "Customers@email.com" and it went fine

Weird that they went fine for years - and just now they are requiring a formatted email address.

&lt;p&gt;May have just figured it out - &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;In the Distribution List Settings&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Under the List Addressing Settings&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;To: Field:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; I had always put a description here, such as &quot;Customers&quot;&amp;nbsp; - I did this because if you leave it blank, it puts in the address of every other person on that distribution list.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; I just tried it with &quot;Customers@email.com&quot; and it went fine&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Weird that they went fine for years - and just now they are requiring a formatted email address. &lt;/p&gt;

I know the problem with the "To:" field in distribution lists. Over years we also added something like "to all customers". Of course, this was never a valid address, but the ISP returned always only one (1) failed mail, which was addressed to "all customers". And all other mails of the distribution list reached the recipients nevertheless. But since a few days different ISPs claim mails as soon as minor things are wrong.

I know the problem with the &quot;To:&quot; field in distribution lists. Over years we also added something like &quot;to all customers&quot;. Of course, this was never a valid address, but the ISP returned always only one (1) failed mail, which was addressed to &quot;all customers&quot;. And all other mails of the distribution list reached the recipients nevertheless. But since a few days different ISPs claim mails as soon as minor things are wrong.

As suspected, a To: of "Test Distribution List" works when sent through Mercury (MercuryS). 

New is that it fails when sent using my GMX SMTP out of PMail.  This is relatively new and means all of my dlist are now broken. 

Michael D. - Thanks for identifying the problem and solution.  I really don't like the solution though.  FWIW, a To: of "Test Distribution List <me@domain.com>" worked.

&lt;p&gt;As suspected, a To: of &quot;Test Distribution List&quot; works when sent through Mercury (MercuryS).&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; New is that it fails when sent using my GMX SMTP out of PMail.&amp;nbsp; This is relatively new and means all of my dlist are now broken.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Michael D. - Thanks for identifying the problem and solution.&amp;nbsp; I really don&#039;t like the solution though.&amp;nbsp; FWIW, a To: of &quot;Test Distribution List &amp;lt;me@domain.com&amp;gt;&quot; worked. &lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Brian Fluet"]Michael D. - Thanks for identifying the problem and solution.  I really don't like the solution though.  FWIW, a To: of "Test Distribution List <me@domain.com>" worked.[/quote]

Well, may I remind you of what David Harris writes about this field in the respective section of his help file:

To field (suppressing the list of recipients)  Entering an address in this field will force Pegasus Mail to suppress the listing of all the recipients' addresseses in the To: field when you use the list. Instead of showing every member of the list, the To: field will contain only what you enter here. Because of the way Internet mail works, you cannot simply enter any piece of text in this field – you must enter something that can be legally processed as if it were an e-mail address. We recommend that you use the following format to create the contents of this field:

"(descriptive text)" <(your own address)>

Replace (descriptive text) with a meaningful name for the mailing list, and put your own address where it says (your own address). Recipients will almost always see the descriptive text instead of your address so it will not seem as strange as it sounds. The quote characters around (descriptive text) and the angle bracket characters around (your own address) are vitally important and must be included exactly as shown.

And, just for the record: So it's they, who changed something ...

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Brian Fluet&quot;]Michael D. - Thanks for identifying the problem and solution.&amp;nbsp; I really don&#039;t like the solution though.&amp;nbsp; FWIW, a To: of &quot;Test Distribution List &amp;lt;me@domain.com&amp;gt;&quot; worked.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Well, may I remind you of what David Harris writes about this field in the respective section of his help file:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;i&gt;To field (suppressing the list of recipients)&lt;/i&gt;&amp;nbsp; Entering an address in this field will force Pegasus Mail to suppress the listing of all the recipients&#039; addresseses in the To: field when you use the list. Instead of showing every member of the list, the To: field will contain only what you enter here. Because of the way Internet mail works, you cannot simply enter any piece of text in this field &ndash; you must enter something that can be legally processed as if it were an e-mail address. We recommend that you use the following format to create the contents of this field:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;font face=&quot;courier new,courier&quot;&gt;&quot;(descriptive text)&quot; &amp;lt;(your own address)&amp;gt;&lt;/font&gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Replace &lt;i&gt;(descriptive text)&lt;/i&gt; with a meaningful name for the mailing list, and put your own address where it says &lt;i&gt;(your own address)&lt;/i&gt;. Recipients will almost always see the descriptive text instead of your address so it will not seem as strange as it sounds. The quote characters around &lt;i&gt;(descriptive text)&lt;/i&gt; and the angle bracket characters around &lt;i&gt;(your own address)&lt;/i&gt; are vitally important and must be included exactly as shown.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;p&gt;And, just for the record: So it&#039;s they, who changed something ... &lt;/p&gt;
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

You can also use the group address format

List description:;

This a list description followed by a colon, and an empty list terminated by a semi-colon.

(See rfc 2822 and subsequent) 

&lt;p&gt;You can also use the group address format&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;List description:;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;This a&amp;nbsp;list description followed by a colon,&amp;nbsp;and an empty list terminated by a semi-colon.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;(See rfc 2822 and subsequent)&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft