Community Discussions and Support
Insufficient disk space!

Servus Michael!

This works indeed perfectly well, thank you for the hint.

Best regards, Siegfried 

<p>Servus Michael!</p><p>This works indeed perfectly well, thank you for the hint.</p><p>Best regards, Siegfried </p><p> </p>

Dear all!
As of a sudden I receive the following error message

There is insufficient space available on the drive or volume to complete the current operation.
Free up some space on the drive by deleting some files, or if it is a network volume,
by arranging for more disk quota to be granted to you.

when I try to move an email from the "New mail" folder to another folder in my mailbox.
I definitely have sufficient disk space. Therefore, I assume that I hit some limit of
Pegasus Mail. Any idea how to proceed is welcome?

Best regards, Siegfried

<div>Dear all!</div><div>As of a sudden I receive the following error message</div><div> </div><div><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;"> </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">There is insufficient space available on the drive or volume to complete the current operation.</span></div><div>Free up some space on the drive by deleting some files, or if it is a network volume,</div><div><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;"> by arranging for more disk quota to be granted to you.</span></div><div> </div><div>when I try to move an email from the "New mail" folder to another folder in my mailbox.</div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I definitely have sufficient disk space. Therefore, </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I assume that I hit some limit of</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Pegasus Mail. Any idea how to proceed is welcome?</span></div><div> </div><div>Best regards, Siegfried</div><div> </div>

Moin Siegfried,

If you move a mail to another folder other than "Inbox", this mail will be added to a file at harddisk. This file is containing all mails of this mail folder. And in case this folder contains already a huge number of mails and attachments, this file is increasing more and more. And since Pmail is a 32bit program it has a file size limitation of 2 GB. I regularly check the *.pmm files sizes of all of my users. As soon as somebody is approaching 2GB, I let him create a new folder in Pmail.

<p>Moin Siegfried,</p><p>If you move a mail to another folder other than "Inbox", this mail will be added to a file at harddisk. This file is containing all mails of this mail folder. And in case this folder contains already a huge number of mails and attachments, this file is increasing more and more. And since Pmail is a 32bit program it has a file size limitation of 2 GB. I regularly check the *.pmm files sizes of all of my users. As soon as somebody is approaching 2GB, I let him create a new folder in Pmail. </p>

Servus Joerg!

None of my *.pmm files is close to 2 GB. Is there also a cummulative limit for all *.pmm files?

Best regards, Siegfried

<p>Servus Joerg!</p><p>None of my *.pmm files is close to 2 GB. Is there also a cummulative limit for all *.pmm files?</p><p>Best regards, Siegfried</p><p> </p>

Siegfried,

There is not a cumulative limit.

I don't know the exact content of the message built into Pegasus Mail for when a folder file reaches the 2GB limit but the message content you quoted strikes me as system generated.

Is it just one destination folder that causes the error?

Is the mailbox directory on a different drive from the Pmail program files?

<p>Siegfried,</p><p>There is not a cumulative limit.</p><p>I don't know the exact content of the message built into Pegasus Mail for when a folder file reaches the 2GB limit but the message content you quoted strikes me as system generated. </p><p>Is it just one destination folder that causes the error?</p><p>Is the mailbox directory on a different drive from the Pmail program files?</p><p> </p><p> </p>

[quote user="selberherr"]There is insufficient space available on the drive or volume to complete the current operation.

Free up some space on the drive by deleting some files, or if it is a network volume,
by arranging for more disk quota to be granted to you.

when I try to move an email from the "New mail" folder to another folder in my mailbox.
I definitely have sufficient disk space. Therefore, I assume that I hit some limit of
Pegasus Mail. Any idea how to proceed is welcome?

Best regards, Siegfried[/quote]

Well, Siegfried, I've seen this in a completely other context - when trying to set up Pegasus Mail on a new Windows 10 machine - and it didn't occur when moving mails but more or less on any attempt of Pegasus Mail trying to save data to disk when closing it. This really drove me crazy for a couple of days fighting with access rights until I figured out that Windows didn't even allow its own Notepad to save modified text files in its My Documents folder popping up an error message saying it can't open the file while actually trying to save it!

Now this is only a shot into the dark, but it might be something similar occuring in your case, and if so here's a URL to a page explaining how to solve the issue I encountered - in case your issue would be the same.

And BTW: I didn't have any of Pegasus Mail's files in any kind of Program Files directory or even worse!
[quote user="selberherr"]<span style="font-size: 13.3333px;">There is insufficient space available on the drive or volume to complete the current operation.</span><div>Free up some space on the drive by deleting some files, or if it is a network volume,</div><div><span style="font-size: 13.3333px;"> by arranging for more disk quota to be granted to you.</span></div><div> </div><div>when I try to move an email from the "New mail" folder to another folder in my mailbox.</div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I definitely have sufficient disk space. Therefore, </span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">I assume that I hit some limit of</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"> Pegasus Mail. Any idea how to proceed is welcome?</span></div><div> </div><div>Best regards, Siegfried[/quote]</div><div> </div><div>Well, Siegfried, I've seen this in a completely other context - when trying to set up Pegasus Mail on a new Windows 10 machine - and it didn't occur when moving mails but more or less on any attempt of Pegasus Mail trying to save data to disk when closing it. This really drove me crazy for a couple of days fighting with access rights until I figured out that Windows didn't even allow its own Notepad to save modified text files in its My Documents folder popping up an error message saying it can't open the file while actually trying to save it!</div><div> </div><div>Now this is only a shot into the dark, but it might be something similar occuring in your case, and if so here's a <a mce_href="https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/error-file-not-found-save-files-desktop-windows-10-controlled-fo lder-access/" target="_blank" href="https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/error-file-not-found-save-files-desktop-windows-10-controlled-fo lder-access/">URL to a page</a> explaining how to solve the issue I encountered - in case your issue would be the same.</div><div> </div><div>And BTW: I didn't have any of Pegasus Mail's files in any kind of <i>Program Files</i> directory or even worse! </div>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Servus Michael!

Thank you for the link which gave me the glue. Therefore, I moved my complete Pegasus installation and the mailbox to a Windows 7 computer. There I could move my emails to the desired folders. Then I moved the mailbox back to the Windows 10 LTSC 1809 computer and everything appears to work fine again :-)

Is there a possibilty to check the integrity of all folders with one command?

Best regards, Siegfried

<p>Servus Michael!</p><p>Thank you for the link which gave me the glue. Therefore, I moved my complete Pegasus installation and the mailbox to a Windows 7 computer. There I could move my emails to the desired folders. Then I moved the mailbox back to the Windows 10 LTSC 1809 computer and everything appears to work fine again :-)</p><p>Is there a possibilty to check the integrity of all folders with one command?</p><p>Best regards, Siegfried</p><p> </p>

[quote user="selberherr"]Is there a possibilty to check the integrity of all folders with one command?[/quote]

Yep, try this one.

<p>[quote user="selberherr"]Is there a possibilty to check the integrity of all folders with one command?[/quote]</p><p>Yep, try <a mce_href="/forums/post/50343.aspx" target="_blank" href="/forums/post/50343.aspx">this one</a>. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft