Community Discussions and Support
email keeps downloading

[quote user="RichU"]

I've been using Pegasus for years - very happy with it! Only "flaw" is maybe forwarding HTML emails from others, usually "commercial" - formats get lost.

[/quote]

Most "commercial" messages are very poorly formed. They abuse HTML and CSS codes and note rarely use scripts which are forbidden in Pegasus Mail for security reasons. In those cases forward them as attachments and your recipient will get it entirely.

[quote user="RichU"]

Current issue:  all of a sudden - today - one incoming email to one of my four email addresses seems stuck somewhere - it keeps downloading /new mail every few minutes. Never happened before.

I shut down and rebooted.  With that address open every few minutes I get the "new mail" notification, and the same email comes in, again and again. 

Suggestions? Thanks!

Win 7, Pegasus 4.73.  No recent changes made. My other "main" address seems just fine - normal.

[/quote]

You said you have it sorted but you could have also mentioned your mail provider along with your Windows and Pegasus Mail versions. Certain providers behave differently over POP3 (I'm assuming here) commands. To exemplify, a typical retrieve and delete a downloaded message translates as...

• Gmail - Download message, mark it as read, and move it to account's archive (depending on settings it may be changed).
  • Yahoo! - Download message and move it to account's waste bin.
  • GMX - Download message, mark it as read, and leave it on account's root directory.

Back to your case, I'd suggest a session log to actually see what was happening at your mail server, no longer possible as you deleted the message. This could also help other users.
[quote user="RichU"]<p>I've been using Pegasus for years - very happy with it! Only "flaw" is maybe forwarding HTML emails from others, usually "commercial" - formats get lost.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Most "commercial" messages are very poorly formed. They abuse HTML and CSS codes and note rarely use scripts which are forbidden in Pegasus Mail for security reasons. In those cases forward them as attachments and your recipient will get it entirely. </p><p>[quote user="RichU"] </p><p>Current issue:  all of a sudden - today - one incoming email to one of my four email addresses seems stuck somewhere - it keeps downloading /new mail every few minutes. Never happened before.</p><p> </p><p>I shut down and rebooted.  With that address open every few minutes I get the "new mail" notification, and the same email comes in, again and again. </p><p>Suggestions? Thanks!</p><p>  </p><p>Win 7, Pegasus 4.73.  No recent changes made. My other "main" address seems just fine - normal.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>You said you have it sorted but you could have also mentioned your mail provider along with your Windows and Pegasus Mail versions. Certain providers behave differently over POP3 (I'm assuming here) commands. To exemplify, a typical retrieve and delete a downloaded message translates as...</p><ul><li>Gmail - Download message, mark it as read, and move it to account's archive (depending on settings it may be changed).</li><li>Yahoo! - Download message and move it to account's waste bin.</li><li>GMX - Download message, mark it as read, and leave it on account's root directory.</li></ul><div> </div><div>Back to your case, I'd suggest a session log to actually see what was happening at your mail server, no longer possible as you deleted the message. This could also help other users. </div>

-- Euler

Pegasus Mail 4.81.1154 Windows 7 Ultimate
IERenderer: 2.7.1.5 AttachMenu: 1.0.1.2
PMDebug: 2.5.8.34 BearHTML 4.9.9.6

I've been using Pegasus for years - very happy with it! Only "flaw" is maybe forwarding HTML emails from others, usually "commercial" - formats get lost.

Current issue:  all of a sudden - today - one incoming email to one of my four email addresses seems stuck somewhere - it keeps downloading /new mail every few minutes. Never happened before.

I shut down and rebooted.  With that address open every few minutes I get the "new mail" notification, and the same email comes in, again and again. 

Suggestions? Thanks!

Win 7, Pegasus 4.73.  No recent changes made. My other "main" address seems just fine - normal.

<p>I've been using Pegasus for years - very happy with it! Only "flaw" is maybe forwarding HTML emails from others, usually "commercial" - formats get lost.</p><p> </p><p>Current issue:  all of a sudden - today - one incoming email to one of my four email addresses seems stuck somewhere - it keeps downloading /new mail every few minutes. Never happened before.</p><p> </p><p>I shut down and rebooted.  With that address open every few minutes I get the "new mail" notification, and the same email comes in, again and again. </p><p> </p><p>Suggestions? Thanks!</p><p> </p><p>Win 7, Pegasus 4.73.  No recent changes made. My other "main" address seems just fine - normal.</p>

Solved it. Went to gmail on line and deleted that email there.  That got rid of it, and allowed my other emails to then download.

Solved it. Went to gmail on line and deleted that email there.  That got rid of it, and allowed my other emails to then download.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft