Community Discussions and Support
Windows 10 PMail slowdown

Long time happy user of Pegasus Mail - many thanks. Much appreciation to David for a wonderful product. My installs have many kilometres on the clock and still going well. smile

However, since recently installing on two new Windows 10 Lenovo laptops (wife and I) we noticed that whilst the performance of Pegasus Mail is mostly very good, for some reason it sometimes takes a minute or two to open an email.

It doesn't seem to matter whether it's a text or html email, and it is not always the case - sometime emails open very fast. And it does not seem to be related to whether it is Pegasus Mail's first run of the day or it's been open for a while. I have mulitiple user accounts on both machines and all user accounts act the same way.

Any tips for me to try to track this down, please?

WinPMail version: Version 4.73.639, Mar 30 2018, build ID 639

Long time happy user of Pegasus Mail - many thanks. Much appreciation to David for a wonderful product. My installs have many kilometres on the clock and still going well. :) However, since recently installing on two new Windows 10 Lenovo laptops (wife and I) we noticed that whilst the performance of Pegasus Mail is mostly very good, for some reason it sometimes takes a minute or two to open an email. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's a text or html email, and it is not always the case - sometime emails open very fast. And it does not seem to be related to whether it is Pegasus Mail's first run of the day or it's been open for a while. I have mulitiple user accounts on both machines and all user accounts act the same way. Any tips for me to try to track this down, please? WinPMail version: Version 4.73.639, Mar 30 2018, build ID 639

During email opening make it a point to watch the status info at the bottom left of main Pegasus Mail window for any clues. I believe IERenderer does some security checking under certain conditions. Also, if you load remote images, messages with numerous or large images will take longer to load. Finally, if you aren't running IERenderer v2.6.4.31 then an upgrade is recommended.

During email opening make it a point to watch the status info at the bottom left of main Pegasus Mail window for any clues. I believe IERenderer does some security checking under certain conditions. Also, if you load remote images, messages with numerous or large images will take longer to load. Finally, if you aren't running IERenderer v2.6.4.31 then an upgrade is recommended.

Thanks Brian. Appreciate your response. I'll work through your suggestions. I had IERenderer 2.4.x running, so have updated to the latest 2.6.x as a first step.

Thanks Brian. Appreciate your response. I'll work through your suggestions. I had IERenderer 2.4.x running, so have updated to the latest 2.6.x as a first step.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft