Site Feedback
Live preview

The live preview seems to be useless for longer posts, after some points (did not count the letters) the parts written later are faded out and remain hidden. My quick'n'dirty solution is to write my posts elsewhere (notepad++, midnight commander etc) and copy'n'paste it here.

The forum software is really slow. After changing the category, it will render all the topic messages every time. Why?
Enabling the "Hide Topic Messages" setting on the right side does not work as expected. Rendering all messages in a first and hiding all unnecessary parts in a second step is a waste of time on both sides.

The counters on the right are a little bit strange. All topics are listed with 4 digits (9761 in the moment) and behind the Mercury-category "Community Discussions and Support" the couter displays 2.23k.

The live preview seems to be useless for longer posts, after some points (did not count the letters) the parts written later are faded out and remain hidden. My quick'n'dirty solution is to write my posts elsewhere (notepad++, midnight commander etc) and copy'n'paste it here. The forum software is really slow. After changing the category, it will render all the topic messages every time. Why? Enabling the "Hide Topic Messages" setting on the right side does not work as expected. Rendering all messages in a first and hiding all unnecessary parts in a second step is a waste of time on both sides. The counters on the right are a little bit strange. All topics are listed with 4 digits (9761 in the moment) and behind the Mercury-category "Community Discussions and Support" the couter displays 2.23k.

Brian Fluet

I think most of this criticism belonged on a Codoforum forum. The criticism of Codoforum as the solution here is disturbing. David's request for someone to spearhead creation of a new forum was not responded to. He and Rolf took it on. I am grateful to them and everyone else who assisted in getting this forum up and running. Preservation of discussions from the old forum is especially commendable. The desire to do so may have contributed to the choice of Codoforum.

Don't misunderstand me. I do not believe that suggestions are not welcome. Rolf has demonstrated that he is receptive. We have seen that with his prompt fix of the link in email notifications.

Regarding live preview, it has worked as expected for me. Its pane becomes scrollable once filled. I have not seen any content fade out or become hidden even after typing well beyond the point where it starts to scroll nor after pasting two full pages of text copied from a document.

[Brian Fluet](https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/user/profile/28772 "Brian Fluet") [quote]I think most of this criticism belonged on a Codoforum forum. The criticism of Codoforum as the solution here is disturbing. David's request for someone to spearhead creation of a new forum was not responded to. He and Rolf took it on. I am grateful to them and everyone else who assisted in getting this forum up and running. Preservation of discussions from the old forum is especially commendable. The desire to do so may have contributed to the choice of Codoforum. Don't misunderstand me. I do not believe that suggestions are not welcome. Rolf has demonstrated that he is receptive. We have seen that with his prompt fix of the link in email notifications. Regarding live preview, it has worked as expected for me. Its pane becomes scrollable once filled. I have not seen any content fade out or become hidden even after typing well beyond the point where it starts to scroll nor after pasting two full pages of text copied from a document.[/quote]

I edited my last post after rethinking about it.
Getting no sleep caused by Windows and printers are not a good combination for writing a helpful post.

I edited my last post after rethinking about it. Getting no sleep caused by Windows and printers are not a good combination for writing a helpful post.

As you can see in the picture, the last sentence is hidden in the editing window. The cursor "|" marks the end of the sentence. There is also no scrolling option.

618ab07c0db49

As you can see in the picture, the last sentence is hidden in the editing window. The cursor "|" marks the end of the sentence. There is also no scrolling option. ![618ab07c0db49](serve/attachment&path=618ab07c0db49)

Brian Fluet

This is what mine looked like after pasting your content copied from the email notification. Vivaldi is my browser.

618ab1057e7f2

[Brian Fluet](https://community.pmail.com/index.php?u=/user/profile/28772 "Brian Fluet") [quote]This is what mine looked like after pasting your content copied from the email notification. Vivaldi is my browser. ![618ab1057e7f2](serve/attachment&path=618ab1057e7f2) [/quote]
edited Nov 9 '21 at 5:37 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft