Pegasus Mail Suggestions
PMail New Mail Folder - New Option Request - "Reapply Filter"
Poll: "Reapply Filter" Option For New Mail folder
YES - I like the idea of "Reapply Filter"
NO - "Reapply Filter" would not be a good idea

Often I create a new filter for an email (example Move to specific folder on my Folder list) in my the New Mail folder.

The problem is the new filter is only applied for future emails, not the one(s) in my box.

It would be nice to have an option for the "New Mail" folder "Reapply Filters." This would specially help if there are several emails that the filter applies to.

Often I create a new filter for an email (example Move to specific folder on my Folder list) in my the New Mail folder. The problem is the new filter is only applied for future emails, not the one(s) in my box. It would be nice to have an option for the "New Mail" folder "Reapply Filters." This would specially help if there are several emails that the filter applies to.

=== MageMaster === USN (22yrs) Vietnam Vet IT Technician (fully retired)

If you mark the respective message(s) unread any new mail filter(s) will be reapplied on next folder open or close depending on your folder set ...

If you mark the respective message(s) unread any new mail filter(s) will be reapplied on next folder open or close depending on your folder set ...
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

For those of us who opt to keep read mail in the New Mail folder the "Reapply Filter" concept has merit but we are using Pegasus Mail in a way it was not designed so adding a "Reapply Filter" option doesn't seem appropriate. I found a surprising workaround though. We know that unread messages get processed by the new mail filters. What I just discovered is that you can run a search of the new mail folder and in the resulting search display window you can select all (Ctrl+A) and then mark them all as unread (Ctrl+U). You don't immediately see the checkmarks disappear in the new mail folder but those messages do get marked as unread.

For those of us who opt to keep read mail in the New Mail folder the "Reapply Filter" concept has merit but we are using Pegasus Mail in a way it was not designed so adding a "Reapply Filter" option doesn't seem appropriate. I found a surprising workaround though. We know that unread messages get processed by the new mail filters. What I just discovered is that you can run a search of the new mail folder and in the resulting search display window you can select all (Ctrl+A) and then mark them all as unread (Ctrl+U). You don't immediately see the checkmarks disappear in the new mail folder but those messages do get marked as unread.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft